Rubber length on penhold bats

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
A question to all penhold (chinese) users out there: is the rubber supposed to be put all the way down to the bat handle or above (in that case, how many cm)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
It depends which way is the most comfortable. Some people don't leave a lot of room like Wang Hao, but others like to leave more room especially if you have big fingers. It also depends on your grip...i still don't know what the correct way of holding my cpen is...there are many variations of how you can grip it. I glue my rubber 2 cm above the handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
I thought the rubber should be up to starting point of the handle. The same with handshake blades. You just simply wrap/rest your fingers on the rubber. After all, you're not going to hit the ball where the labels are, are you?
no you aren't hitting the ball with the labels, but some people find it uncomfortable to grip on the rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
It's the same basis as sanding down the backhand side where your fingers would lie sweat can make you slip your grip. If you look at a Cpen blade you can see that the rubber 4 mm in thickness can prevent you from holding over half of the thickness of the handle. So for me at least I like to keep the rubber up a bit and wrap my finger so that it touches the surface of the blade and can hold onto the handle itself. It makes top-spinning far easier and also makes the MLin XX Blocking easier to control. The racket angle is then controlled by the thumb rather than the wrist or forearm making it a little more precise.