I´m in doubt if i should keep og change forehand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
My wood is [h=1]Gewo Blade Hybrid Carbon M/Speed Off- and i´m pleased with it.[/h]My Bh rubber is short pimples Victas 102 in black 1,8
My FH rubber is [h=1]JOOLA Rhyzm Tech red 2,0[/h]
I sometimes miss more spin to my FH rubber but i´m satisfied with the speed, but i also think the wood gives a lot of speed.
I tried to changed over to Andro Razanter R47 2,3. It has the spin i need but it seems slower than the Joola rubber.

So what suggestion do you have i should buy instead of my Joola Rhyzm Tech ???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
My wood is Gewo Blade Hybrid Carbon M/Speed Off- and i´m pleased with it.

My Bh rubber is short pimples Victas 102 in black 1,8
My FH rubber is JOOLA Rhyzm Tech red 2,0

I sometimes miss more spin to my FH rubber but i´m satisfied with the speed, but i also think the wood gives a lot of speed.
I tried to changed over to Andro Razanter R47 2,3. It has the spin i need but it seems slower than the Joola rubber.

So what suggestion do you have i should buy instead of my Joola Rhyzm Tech ???
I would say to boost the R47 with Haifu Seamon,Falco etc. I can not speak out of personal experience, but it is said that Tenergy is great for boosting, so if you boost the Tenergy you should have speed and spin. However it is a different feel from ESN Tensors.
Also Tibhar MX-P becomes very fast with great catapult and spin with enough power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I newer tried boosting a rubber and I would be sad if I ruined my rubber I i do that. I don't want Tenergy it's to expensive

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Lemme get this right... a modern OFF MINUS blade with Rasanter 47 is SLOW ???

OK, you just motivated me to do a vid next week when my USATT 2200ish friend returns from the US Nationals tourney and hit a few loops with his Rasnater 47 on an Avalox P900 wood blade...

If I have a few FH hits with that setup, I think a few friends and bystanders will start calling me ROCKETMAN. However, a friend of mine on MyTT already has that screen name.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
So your meaning is that I should use boosting on rubbers. That ILLEGAL...
Would a Joola Tech in max give more spin???

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Just play with it longer and get used to it. It should be fast enough.

Reactions: JMC
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
The ITTF rule states that one can not make any chemical or physical treatment which changes rubber properties including friction. So just by using the rubber you are reducing the friction, which makes "ILLEGAl". And anyways manufactures boost the rubbers and it is perfectly legal. So i think it is perfectly fine for people to boost, instead of paying a 3rd party to do it for you. And if you think it is unfair, one can not and should not get rid of the Equipment diversity of table tennis, unless everyone plays the same standardized racket.

Basically all to say if you desire speed boost it slightly. For tensors 1 thin Haifu Seamon layer should be enough. Also Xylin in my pinion is getting to the crux of the matter. The problem lies not in the equipment, but rather the technique. In fact Joo Sey Hyuk uses a Tenergy on a pretty slow wood(without boosting) and i am sure his forehand loop is better then 99.9 of all players.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hey man,

I would advice against boosting your rubber. It's a hassle and you don't need it if you are an amateur (like all of us) who plays with tensors.

Probably, in your experience, the Rasanter 47 was too slow because of the hardness. You are used to a softer rubber on your forehand. Harder rubbers need a different technique for generating speed. The top end speed you can achieve is higher with harder rubbers but you need some more body rotation to generate that speed.

If you want more spin, I would suggest the joola Rhyzm-P. It is similar to the Rhyzm- Tech but is a little harder (45°) and has some more spin. 2.0 thickness will be fine if you are already used to it.