ALL/ALL+ Limba/Koto Blades - recommendation

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi guys,

I'm currently playing with BTY Grubba. Performance-wise i like it, but the blade is kinda boring. I also do have Stiga AC but the wood quality is real bad.
On the other side i tried YEO, but the blade was too fast for me.

I feel i just need smth new, i should be in the ALL speed area because i can generate alot of power myself.

I ask for some recommendations for limba or koto outer ply and ayous inside.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm currently playing with BTY Grubba. Performance-wise i like it, but the blade is kinda boring. I also do have Stiga AC but the wood quality is real bad.
On the other side i tried YEO, but the blade was too fast for me.

I feel i just need smth new, i should be in the ALL speed area because i can generate alot of power myself.

I ask for some recommendations for limba or koto outer ply and ayous inside.

Hm. That Grubba is a great blade, if you ask me. But well, sometimes a change brings new things with it.

Lots of options anyway. Sticking strictly to all-wood 5-ply frames with an Ayous core, the Yasaka Sweden Extra (which is a truly great blade) does not qualify, since it has Anegre outers. Then again, if I recall correctly that's what the Grubba has too - but there have been more than a single version, so maybe OP's Grubba isn't built that way.

So, let's Limba a bit. Limba-limba in fact. Good options are the Tibhar Stratus Power Wood, Butterfly Primorac and Petr Korbel.

I'm a Koto man myself, and am pretty much intrigued by the Butterfly Oh Sang Eun. Probably discontinued for a long time already, but hey, Koto Koto!

Then there's Limba on Koto. My custom blade has that, as do many composite blades (Treiber K, TB Spirit/ALC, Viscaria, ZJK ALC, ... and without any composites, there's the Butterfly Korbel Speed.

This user has no status.
I've got the Appelgren Allplay Senso V1 which is supposed to be All+ but going by the tone, is more All. Great blade though and I keep coming back to it. A step up from the Appelgren is the Waldner Senso V1. Yellow handle will get dirty though which is why I never got one.

The Stratus Powerwood mentioned above is at the top of Off- range, nearly Off. For something with a little less speed you could consider the Tibhar Samsonov Alpha. No idea of the wood composition but has a feel similar to the Appelgren.

The Yasaka Sweden Extra has a harder feel. I've got the previous model the 'Extra' and it has a woody sound to it. The Sweden Classic is a really nice blade with Limba plies, similar to the Appelgren.

Butterfly Primorac is All+/Off-and has similar plies.