Multiball feeding with Long pimples

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hello everyone,

I am not comfortable playing against long pimples and short pimples rubbers. I miss shots to often, don't get to read the spin...lots of improvement required here.

We do multiball training regularly in our club and wanted to try using long pimples to feed the ball.
Has anyone tried feeding the ball using long pimples?

How can one induce the feeling in multiball using long pimples to get a similar experience as playing against a long pimpled player in normal practice ?

Any video that you guys have come across?

says Hey guys, A question for anyone who lives in UK...
Apr 2018
I dont believe this would be possible because long pimples cannot create spin but only reverse the spin you have created.So if the ball was hit it would most likely have no spin at all therefore, being different from playing a defender

says Aging is a killer
Many drills only limited by the feeder and player imagination

There are many multiball drills that the feeder can use to train a player.
Example
Feeder topspins with the inverted and LP side randomly. This trains the player to watch which side has hit the ball and adjust accordingly.
Feeder serves/pushes backspin, the player pushes then feeder hits or pushes the return. Player then does whatever. Learning point; Player awareness of LP returns off his backspin push.
And so on. No limits to what the feeder can devise.
I saw this from an old coach who always carried a bag full of different style bats; hardbat, LP of all kinds, anti etc. In the long run, his students all looked forward to playing 'funny' bat players, after a few sessions with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: TischTenniser
Apr 2018
There are many multiball drills that the feeder can use to train a player.
Example
Feeder topspins with the inverted and LP side randomly. This trains the player to watch which side has hit the ball and adjust accordingly.
Feeder serves/pushes backspin, the player pushes then feeder hits or pushes the return. Player then does whatever. Learning point; Player awareness of LP returns off his backspin push.
And so on. No limits to what the feeder can devise.
I saw this from an old coach who always carried a bag full of different style bats; hardbat, LP of all kinds, anti etc. In the long run, his students all looked forward to playing 'funny' bat players, after a few sessions with him.

Hey Tinkyin,
I'm a big fan of your youtube content and know that you live in England as i do, due to your videos with Dan Ives and so on. If you know of any could you tell me of any summer camps this season

Reactions: Tinykin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Playing against LP is something you need to learn by playing against an LP player. Hopefully your coach can play with LP. Another problem is that there is a lot of variation in LPs. I use 755 0X for all around fun, P4 for chopping/ looping practice, and Giant Dragon Talon 0X for playing push blocker style. The LPs are all different.

This is not a simple problem, not only are there different LPs but there are different LP strokes. If a LP player wants maximum spin reversal he will bump the ball back trying not the bend the pips. If the LP player wants to make a more aggressive shot he will stroke the ball such that the pips bend and impart some spin on the ball. The spin stabilizes the path but makes it more predictable.

Chopped balls with back spin can be generated by LP, anti or inverted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
So, not taking account of different LP, there is no way to feed multiball using LP with the intention of having match like scenario ?

says Aging is a killer
Hey Tinkyin,
I'm a big fan of your youtube content and know that you live in England as i do, due to your videos with Dan Ives and so on. If you know of any could you tell me of any summer camps this season
The best person to ask is Dan. Just pm him and he'll point you in the right direction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
So, not taking account of different LP, there is no way to feed multiball using LP with the intention of having match like scenario ?

Most of LP shots I presume you are having trouble with are '2nd ball' scenarios - you do something and LP player manipulates the spin on return to confuse you. These probably do not fit into traditional multiball setup, but 'Tinykin' above explains how you can simulate these.

You can also serve dead with them (short/long, fast/slow) and it is surprisingly effective sometimes, so perhaps a traditional multiball exercise that is full of 'dead' balls could work too. It's only part of LP arsenal, though, so you need both and plenty of matches against LP players to augment training.