Views welcome on what Father Christmas might bring

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Hi,

First post. In summary - mid-level player, league experience, getting back into the great game after a few years off. Preferred style is close to the table, although against lower level players I tend to play back from the table to practice my longer shots. Currently having some coaching and every week can feel the improvements. Loving it more than ever!

Used to use a Banda Dacota (currently for sale on ebay if you're interested!) with a range of rubbers from Tackiness D to Nittaku Glasnost.

I want something with a larger sweet spot now, plus the days of me using OFF+ rubbers with max sponges are probably gone for a while!

So I'm thinking of asking Santa for:

Andro Kinetic Supreme All+
FH: Stiga Boost TS
BH: Sriver EL

I want it to give me good control, not too springy on the block shots, but with power in reserve that I can call on as I improve.

Just wondered if people think this a good combination?!?

Cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Cool, thanks. I really need to work on my backhand drives so I want something that I can keep under control but which isn't too defensive. Sriver EL sounds like the one.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Cool, thanks. I really need to work on my backhand drives so I want something that I can keep under control but which isn't too defensive. Sriver EL sounds like the one.

I grew up with Sriver in the 80's and through the 90s. Won many tournaments locally and abroad with it. I still think that it is very spinny, especially the softer EL, superb control on defence and provides easy placements for your shots.

Before I forget, welcome to the forum. We look forward to hear more from you buddy. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Very kind, thanks. I'm definitely hooked again - just took a few years off to discover drinking, get married, have kids, put on weight etc, etc, etc!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Welcome to the site glider :)

Hope you like what you see here.

The sriver EL rubber is amazing, I use to use that on my backhand. I think as you are coming back in the sport the rubbers choice you have chose is good. You don't want to be purchasing all the latest fast technological rubbers like Tenergy as you want a contorl game as you say :)

Your choice seems great, I hope you get you have a great time!

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Andro Super Core Cell All+ would be a better price/quality option with excellent control features and it's super super lightweight blade!
Your Boost TS might be too fast unless you take it in 1.9mm.
Tibhar Vari Spin @ 1.7 is an excellent option for your BH

kind regards