My DHS products have 22 digits serial code instead of 12 or 16?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I recently bought 2 Hurricane 3 Neo and one Power G7 blade, I scratched the silver coating and inside there were 22 digits code? I have read in the forums that it should either have 12 or 16 digit code. I believe these are fake products. Can someone tell me where to verify the DHS serial code? I checked all DHS sites but couldn't find any place to check the code.

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi Guys, thanks for the reply, I just found the verification site dhs-sports.com/search.shtml and i checked my rubber and blade, both are original :) yaaaay I'm so excited.

However today I bought Joola Rhyzm and Hurricane 3-50 from a verified dealer because I though my hurricane 3 neo were fake, now I have 4 original rubbers :D

I will order another power g7 for this setup.

Thank you so much guys for the reply.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I just can't catch the sense of this exercise :confused:

Well, one goes to a TT store, makes a copy of some of the codes of items of interest, and prints them on the fake products.
You check them through the authenticity checker and you are happy?

Nice theory, but this won't work. Lol
[Emoji23]
You have to scratch on a certain area to make the digit code appear. No store i know would allow you to do that!

Next!

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Some more info for future reference.

The 22-character serial code was implemented starting from Sep, 2017. The old label, top left in the image below, was replaced by a new label, at the bottom center.

6Na7SzZ.jpg

For inverted rubbers, the scratch-off label is located in the bottom right corner of the plastic protective film.
For pips, it is located on the bottom of the sponge.
For Gold Arc 5/8, it is on the back of the package.

59jVVcj.jpg

This user has no status.
Oooook,
one has an access to a visible code, one may even buy a product, and this one can use this code on many fake products.
you check it through the checker... and?

Yeah, they obviously realized people might do what you just described. That's why the website will also tell you whether it's the first time someone has checked a code. The website is in Chinese, but you can easily use google translate on it.

This user has no status.
More specifically, the website even tells you what type of product a code belongs to, when you check it. That way, if someone buys a cheap product (like table tennis balls) and put the sticker on a more expensive fake product (like a Long 5 blade). You can still tell that it's fake.

Reactions: Suga D
More specifically, the website even tells you what type of product a code belongs to, when you check it. That way, if someone buys a cheap product (like table tennis balls) and put the sticker on a more expensive fake product (like a Long 5 blade). You can still tell that it's fake.

Yes, I got it :)
Well, obviously DHS is trying to minimize frauds and the system will work the way you describe it.
But imagine that one buys a genuine Long 5 blade and transfers the sticker to a fake blade even without checking the code /why to check it?/, thus refunding a great portion of the investment - is it possible? Other funny scenarios - sveral fake Long 5 with fake stickers, but one and the same genuine number, one sells them as second hand, people ask him /eventually/ why it has been checked several times - "yes, I've checked it several times and its always genuine!"

I think that if you want a new product, you should buy it from a trusted seller, if you buy a second hand - pay attention to some product specifics, rather than stickers and numbers. Though its just mine personal opinion only, nothing to offense, just my way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Yes, I got it :)
Well, obviously DHS is trying to minimize frauds and the system will work the way you describe it.
But imagine that one buys a genuine Long 5 blade and transfers the sticker to a fake blade even without checking the code /why to check it?/, thus refunding a great portion of the investment - is it possible? Other funny scenarios - sveral fake Long 5 with fake stickers, but one and the same genuine number, one sells them as second hand, people ask him /eventually/ why it has been checked several times - "yes, I've checked it several times and its always genuine!"

I think that if you want a new product, you should buy it from a trusted seller, if you buy a second hand - pay attention to some product specifics, rather than stickers and numbers. Though its just mine personal opinion only, nothing to offense, just my way.

Well, criminals always will find ways around security systems, otherwise there wouldn't be so many different updates on security systems.
But luckily not everyone thinks so negative and has so much criminal energy and time to think about it...
[Emoji6]

This user has no status.
Here's a sample of first time and second time checks.

What I usually do for buyers, I would do the below plus a photo of the serial number on the blade itself (etched on the blade) and/or the number on the red paper and give them the photos. Thus if/when they want to sell the blade later they have the photos as proof of authenticity.

instagram: rokphishtt
3cb7e4e268c618551e9ba9cb1502fecd.jpg
ec0103bfc92c3ee5764bd5ed521b8f9e.jpg
b4b212118d7b384b5d5aee5b0fa5320c.jpg
dd96f1e3c9afd84fabdec7133d278d69.jpg
71085b2341b4707e6c04237af19b20de.jpg
56245e3fdb6ca11368a583932ce8b316.jpg

0131fa139641af25a95b8d6f4d4d8b45.jpg

Last edited: