China Team - Army Training

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The new thread on our site which pulls in live feeds from Weibo has really bought in a lot of discussions. For those of you who don't know what Weibo is. It's the Chinese version of Twitter. All the Chinese stars such as Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Xu xin you name it. All the players use it. The thread can be found HERE.

Well this week from the live feeds on their Weibo accounts and other networkings such as CNTV have shown that the Chinese National Team are under strict army routines. It is freezing cold and a daunting task for the players which have to do this once a year. A video of the players training can be found below.

Here are some cool photos from the army training so far. I thought it was worth making a thread on this :)

maxuzj.jpg

maunhappy.jpg

So what do you think of the intense army training? Who knows more about this?
Please post your videos and pictures here from the training

Video here:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Well, I can't see the intensity of the training from the photos or the video.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Yea..usually during media day, they won't show any real **** on going. But I'm believe this is one of the way that, for them, to maintain the disciplinary among the CNT.

Back in my secondary school, we have been kind of practice some of this stuff in our orchestra, to make sure that we can show to the ppl around we are kind of well behave. Although we do not go for marching or anything lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
It looks like they've trained well to be that well coordinated in their marches. Usually at least in the Korean Army I was told by my father that if you mess up your whole unit has to either run or do some grunt work like push ups or jumping jacks. Each time you mess up it's doubled that week, but usually is reset the next week. This was a while ago as he hasn't been in the army for a while, but from training U.S. Army and Marine students in Martial Arts I know that their training can be intense. At the school where I learned and taught he made sure he was on top of any boot camp regimens and we usually doubled whatever they were doing currently that year. So that if anyone did go into the service they would be more than adequate for the training in boot camp. I remember we were doing 200 pushups, 200 situps, and 500 jumping jacks, but a student who enlisted said they were doing 50, 50, and 50. He was well prepared for it.

says yup.. from weibo haha :D
says yup.. from weibo haha :D
Oct 2011
zjk.jpg3e454269tw1dnnhdrb2d3j.jpg
Their intensive military training will last a whole week.
Then they'll have this "winter training". I dunno what kind of training will they do in there. I thought the mil training = winter training but it's still a different one..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I didn't know they have this kinda training for national team too because i am here in china for almost 5 years and i see that every years freshmen has army training in every university throughout the china and it continues for 2 weeks. students have to march in summer because education year starts in September and it's pretty hot those days and some students can't stand it... it's fun to watch them march but it's good because they learn to follow the rules and regulations...~

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I think it is only right that they have the same responsibilities(at least to some extent) as the "normal" people.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It looks like they've trained well to be that well coordinated in their marches. Usually at least in the Korean Army I was told by my father that if you mess up your whole unit has to either run or do some grunt work like push ups or jumping jacks. Each time you mess up it's doubled that week, but usually is reset the next week. This was a while ago as he hasn't been in the army for a while, but from training U.S. Army and Marine students in Martial Arts I know that their training can be intense. At the school where I learned and taught he made sure he was on top of any boot camp regimens and we usually doubled whatever they were doing currently that year. So that if anyone did go into the service they would be more than adequate for the training in boot camp. I remember we were doing 200 pushups, 200 situps, and 500 jumping jacks, but a student who enlisted said they were doing 50, 50, and 50. He was well prepared for it.

Richard, the conditions your father endured are totally different than from now. (Too easy now) A recruit made maybe USD $10 a month even in the 80s. A recruit was practically a poorly paid slave doing his time just to get back to the real world and scratch/claw just to survive even there. Soldiers got corrected with a fist to the nose or a roundhouse kick to the mouth and had a few miliseconds to pop back up or repeat the process. Times have changed. Your father prolly has a gazillion war stories, prolly all of them true hardcore tough stuff. My father in law prolly has even more as he was a Soldier in the 50s and got out as a Sergeant Major. ROK Army was no joke back in the day. You fail to do what ordered as a Soldier and it was a world of pain. Yet, everyone still found a way to have fun despite it all. (Soju was VERY cheap and talk was free)

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It is a good idea to have high profile peoles from your country do military service. just look at England with prince William. Just look at Korea. When the movie stars or music stars go report for enter the military, it is a big deal. Just last month Rain (a Mega-Famous Singer/Actor) enlisted and reported to a camp in my city. The city went bizerk. The avenue in front of the camp was cars parked for miles, way too many people, and even crowds from all over Asia came out to send him off.

Having high profile peoples of your country do military service has a great impact on how the nation perceives its military.