Statistics from Grand Finals 2011

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Greetings ttDaily members and guests.This thread is for those who want to see more in terms of statistics and results from the Pro Tour.It's merely a taster, and covers only a few of the many stats and graphs I've collected.

ttguru.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions, and suggest other stats you might like to know about.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Singapore's Gao Ning was the product of two of the four upsets in Open Men's Singles, through his victories over Ma Lin and Ryu Seung Min.
Unusually, this tournament had the most upsets in the Under 21 womens qualification stage, where half of the matches were upsets.
This caused 3rd and 4th seeds Morizono and Cheng to fall short of reaching the semi-finals in that event.

Usually the upsets are more evident in the men's events than women's.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
wow great work! :)
hope, that you some times could do an overall statistic with the best player, who won the most titles, lost the fewest games and sets. or something :)

Eventually.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Statistics for rankings, tournaments, players, and results are all in the making.
One day I will be able to show the player's Pro Tour record, highest world ranking, league results, age, left/right handed... etc... The details are extensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Eventually.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Statistics for rankings, tournaments, players, and results are all in the making.
One day I will be able to show the player's Pro Tour record, highest world ranking, league results, age, left/right handed... etc... The details are extensive.

really cool :) hope that there is not an update only every ten years :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Eventually.

That is awesome work. Looking forward to see more of it in the future :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I would much rather have statistics on winners versus errors and service points won vs return of service points won excluding deuce games.

That would mean he has to follow all the matches live, updating his records after every single point. Unless he runs a statistics office, you can't ask him that. I would much rather have the thoughts of the players between points, but you can't ask that either. I think TT Guru does a great job in providing us the information he gathers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Just - the Liu Shiwen vs. Hirano Sayaka was not women under 21, it was first round of women singles main draw ;)

Good observation. The highest and lowest points tally matches are the other way round. A simple human error, I am shamed. :(
The spreadsheet makes no errors. Eventually I'll be able to post screenshots directly from the database reports.

Nice to see folks are checking up on the accuracy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Keep your eyes peeled for a new thread within the next few days: Statistics from Pro Tour 2011.
Stats from the entire pro tour.
I haven't finished calculating it, but the total number of points played throughout the 17 events should be close to half a million. :eek:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Keep your eyes peeled for a new thread within the next few days: Statistics from Pro Tour 2011.
I haven't finished calculating it, but the total number of points played throughout the 17 events should be close to half a million. :eek:

Wow im looking forward to this Matt! :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews

Epic, Guru!
Will definitely waiting for it :D

Thanks a lot for the contributions so far (y)