PDA

View Full Version : Statistics from Grand Finals 2011

TT Guru
12-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Greetings ttDaily members and guests.This thread is for those who want to see more in terms of statistics and results from the Pro Tour.It's merely a taster, and covers only a few of the many stats and graphs I've collected.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/ttguru.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions, and suggest other stats you might like to know about.

Matt Hetherington
12-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Awesome :D I encourage everyone to check this out, I know how hard Matt works on these in every Pro Tour Event so please support his threads! :)

WiWa
12-02-2011, 10:23 AM
That's really cool :D I assume upset means a lower ranked player beating a higher ranked player? Looks like there were many upsets xD I guess Singapore is partly responsible for that :)

TT Guru
12-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Singapore's Gao Ning was the product of two of the four upsets in Open Men's Singles, through his victories over Ma Lin and Ryu Seung Min.
Unusually, this tournament had the most upsets in the Under 21 womens qualification stage, where half of the matches were upsets.
This caused 3rd and 4th seeds Morizono and Cheng to fall short of reaching the semi-finals in that event.

Usually the upsets are more evident in the men's events than women's.

YosuaYosan
12-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Simply exceptional, Guru :)
Thanks for the share!

PlasmaLight
12-02-2011, 07:21 PM
wow great work! :)
hope, that you some times could do an overall statistic with the best player, who won the most titles, lost the fewest games and sets. or something :)

TT Guru
12-02-2011, 07:43 PM
wow great work! :)
hope, that you some times could do an overall statistic with the best player, who won the most titles, lost the fewest games and sets. or something :)

Eventually.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Statistics for rankings, tournaments, players, and results are all in the making.
One day I will be able to show the player's Pro Tour record, highest world ranking, league results, age, left/right handed... etc... The details are extensive.

PlasmaLight
12-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Eventually.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Statistics for rankings, tournaments, players, and results are all in the making.
One day I will be able to show the player's Pro Tour record, highest world ranking, league results, age, left/right handed... etc... The details are extensive.

really cool :) hope that there is not an update only every ten years :D

WiWa
12-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Eventually.

That is awesome work. Looking forward to see more of it in the future :)

Mr. RicharD
12-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I would much rather have statistics on winners versus errors and service points won vs return of service points won excluding deuce games.

WiWa
12-02-2011, 09:56 PM
I would much rather have statistics on winners versus errors and service points won vs return of service points won excluding deuce games.

That would mean he has to follow all the matches live, updating his records after every single point. Unless he runs a statistics office, you can't ask him that. I would much rather have the thoughts of the players between points, but you can't ask that either. I think TT Guru does a great job in providing us the information he gathers.

Michal_Z
12-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Just - the Liu Shiwen vs. Hirano Sayaka was not women under 21, it was first round of women singles main draw ;)

TT Guru
12-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Just - the Liu Shiwen vs. Hirano Sayaka was not women under 21, it was first round of women singles main draw ;)

Good observation. The highest and lowest points tally matches are the other way round. A simple human error, I am shamed. :(
The spreadsheet makes no errors. Eventually I'll be able to post screenshots directly from the database reports.

Nice to see folks are checking up on the accuracy.

TT Guru
12-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Keep your eyes peeled for a new thread within the next few days: Statistics from Pro Tour 2011.
Stats from the entire pro tour.
I haven't finished calculating it, but the total number of points played throughout the 17 events should be close to half a million. :o

Dan
12-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Keep your eyes peeled for a new thread within the next few days: Statistics from Pro Tour 2011.
I haven't finished calculating it, but the total number of points played throughout the 17 events should be close to half a million. :o

Wow im looking forward to this Matt! :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

YosuaYosan
12-05-2011, 08:17 AM

Epic, Guru!
Will definitely waiting for it :D

Thanks a lot for the contributions so far (y)

Michal_Z
12-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Well when I see that Ma Long himself gathered 80 000 points ,.. Guo Yan 92 000 points..
I think half million is not that much..
I would think of a million instead ;)

TT Guru
12-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Well when I see that Ma Long himself gathered 80 000 points ,.. Guo Yan 92 000 points..
I think half million is not that much..
I would think of a million instead ;)

Points played.

The ITTF already has stats for competition points accumulated.