Is it worth it to buy a TT robot?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
Hey guys!

First of all, I'd like to know if buying a robot for practice is a good idea. Most of the times (when I'm not at my TT club) I don't have any training partners and would like to find a way to improve my game even more.
I'm interested in buying one but can't spend too much money. If you think that it's worth buying, do you of you have any recommendations of robots that are decent and at a low price?

Thanks a lot!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Yes, I got a 1050 newggy and totally worth it... It help me improving consistency and control, but it sometimes create an amount of spin unreal and this can affect the reading of the ball for your comeback strokes... I felt that after I only practice with the robot, when I go to the club the ball start falling in to the net commonly....
Hey guys!

First of all, I'd like to know if buying a robot for practice is a good idea. Most of the times (when I'm not at my TT club) I don't have any training partners and would like to find a way to improve my game even more.
I'm interested in buying one but can't spend too much money. If you think that it's worth buying, do you of you have any recommendations of robots that are decent and at a low price?

Thanks a lot!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: GusShnaps
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 1 reviews
I've seen videos of people using a rebound board instead of a robot. In my mind the return of the ball should be more similar to what it's like in a match rather than the unnatural spin a robot might generate. Plus, the timing of returns would be more lifelike. However, I guess you can't produce back-spin with a board?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Simply said, yes. There are many good ones that are not too expensive.

But if you can afford the Butterfly Amicus, even the least expensive version, it is several notches above any of the others. The balls that you get are much closer to real play. If you could afford the mid-level version, I feel that would be 100% worth the extra as well. They are amazing machines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Simply said, yes. There are many good ones that are not too expensive.

Wasn't following the news on that topic, but the last time I checked, somehow I've got the impression, that the robots are either not that good (like ipongs) or rather expensive. Could you name something to look into (oscillating head is a must, tilting head would be nice, as well as random balls function). More advanced functions like the ability to change the spin type while playing, programmable are also welcome, but I think they increase the price by quite a lot.

I've spend quite some time training with the robot a long time ago, now started thinking maybe it would be nice to gather a bunch of people at my club to invest into it...