Tackiness chop 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hello everyone!! I will really appreciate your help and advice on the rubbers! Currently I'm playing with donic dotec person off + andro hexer 1.7. I really like my racket and the speed, it's quite fast but not too fast. The racket is also very light (I combined fast blade and relatively thin rubber). I like to attack and to be active but at the same time when my attacks are not successful I tend to chop and wait for the opponent to strike and then I block. Since I have to change rubbers I thought I could try another blade with a classical handle (person dotec has this funny curved cork handle). I decided to get maze performance (it's light but quite fast...not sure though if it's a faster or slower blade than dotec off) and I want to combine it with 1.7 rubber. So since I also enjoy chopping and defense play I thought it might be a good idea to try tackiness chop 2. The thing is I'm afraid it'll be slower than my current racket. What do you think? What can you advice for maze performance +1.7 rubber, so it's quite fast but also good for chopping!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Tenergy, but any inverted on the backhand (aside from anti) can be problematic when chopping -- especially against higher rated players. If you plan to chop with that against strong loops/drives... you'll need to haul ass back from the table each time to do so! If it's just push push push stuff at lower levels, then who cares! Anything will work.

Joanna Parker/Drinkhall for example

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I wouldn't waste my money on T05 for simply blocking and chopping. I wouldn't even spend the money on Tackiness Chop.
I agree with the comment above about backing up to make proper chops against hard hit balls but that is a problem that rubber won't fix.

For blocking and chopping I would prefer a rubber that isn't too springy. There are many in the under $30 range you can get in 1.5, 1.7 and 1.8mm thicknesses. It isn't that critical. There is no force one can generate that another can't.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Try out Victas VS>401 with 1,5 mm thickness. This will be fast enough, you are able to produce really heavy spin, blocking is easy and you can also smash with it. The only disadvantage is the weight, because VS>401 is one of the heaviest rubbers, but 1,5 mm will be not too heavy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Thank you for your great advice!! I'm going to consider it! Anyways it'll be a second blade to experiment with. I decided to get andro hexer (same rubber) for my primary weapon! The option you're giving is very interesting, I can spin and smash (cause I love it) but at the same time I can block and experiment with chops!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Thank you! I wanted to get tackiness drive cause the description said it was faster but people say it lacks speed, so I'll be looking for something else))