Advice needed - glueing top sheet back onto sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Hi guys,

In a couple of places my FH rubber top sheet is coming away from the sponge around the edge of the bat. This is probably an obvious question, but what do you use to re-stick it? The sponge is fine and is still stuck to the blade. It's just the top sheet that needs re-attaching.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Glider.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Thanks man. Luckily it's not my favourite bat. The rubbers were quite cheap - they're made by Kokutaku. Only had them a few months so I'm not very impressed.

Glider.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
It's not that hard to reglue the edges back on, but it wouldn't be tournament legal. As long as you don't have a tendency to hit at the edge of the rubber it won't be too big a problem. The best stuff to use is rubber cement and the key is to stick it on and use a rolling pin or cylinder of some sort to allow the pips to adhere to the sponge. You only want to glue the sponge and lightly not gob it on, but finely brush it on.

Cheaper rubbers commonly do this as the glue they use is not much different from rubber cement and depending on the scale of their manufacturing there will be a small percentage of rubbers that'll come off depending on humidity or playing conditions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Thanks for the advice. I've emailed the place I bought it from and they've offered to replace the rubber free of charge which is pretty good.