Cornilleau Hinotech Off-, Epox Offensive or Persson Powerplay V2?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Hi,

currently Im playing my Applegren Allplay Senso V2 again. I had a burn all+ for two month till the head fell off, and I had to switch back.
As rubbers I play Donic F2 2.0 on my FH and Donic F3 BS 2.0 on my backhand.

I like the feel of my setup. The F3 is great for blocking, and the F2 gives me a bit more power on my smashes.

Although I have this very controlled setup Im still too prone to errors, although ive been playing for some 10 years, with a 2 year break in between.

Im good at everything I know. :) I serve well, and good at the first shot after the return. After that its all very instable and I loop a lot over the table or into the net.

Apart from an obvious lack of training (I play 2-3 times a week), I think this is also because I have to put too much power in my arm movement to land a powerful shot.
Hence I think it might be good to try a slightly harder/heavier blade. The power of the shot should be similar, but with less movement.

So my first question is: Does this make sense? Ive played with more offensive blades in training sessions, and like it. but my opponents were usually not as good as me, and I havent tried it against someone who is better than me.

What I like about my Applegren is a.) its light. 95 Grams is just too heavy for three matches. :) b.) It has great control, but if you put some punch in you still get some punch out.

Therefore Id be looking for a slightly heavier blade (85gs) which has more power by itself, but still gives you the ability to deliver a short stop behind the net.

Ive narrowed it down to the following blades:
Cornilleau Hinotec Off-
Donic Epox Offensive
Donic Persson Powerplay V2
Yasaka Gatien Extra

Looking at the stats, and that I want a bit more punch, with a similar feel, I should probably go for the Gatien or the Powerplay.
But the others sound good too.

Has anyone played any of these blades and can maybe compare them or just one or two of them to another?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Henning

Last edited:
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I never heard of these blades buddy, let alone tried them hehehe. But, I had the same problems that you have when I was 9/10 years old. I would attack first, 3rd or even 2nd ball. If the ball comes back, my footwork would be all over the place! And my coach will give me an earful.

The reason was, I had a powerful attacking game, and when I attack, I always got the point because it was always a winner. When my opponents managed to return my early attack, I was rooted to the floor! As a result, I move very late to get into position. My coach told me that I was too lazy, that was why I wanted to finish a point very early. He improved my footwork since then, and I learn to step back a little and read the game better. That helped me a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
that is seriously spot on azlan. Incredible stuff! Only difference is that im 27 and still lazy. :)
Im going to give a Butterfly Balsa Carbo a try. maybe a new blade will change my game a bit. :p but

thanks a lot for you comment too camarao! Someone in my club doesnt need the Carbo and the reviews are good.
its free, so worth a try. And if I dont like it ill definately buy an all wood.

Theres just way too many blades out there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I've been playing with Donic Epox offensiv for almost two years and still love it! I've tried many all-wood blades, and Epox off is the best so far because it provides a great feel to a soft or soft-medium rubber. The blade is not fast, but it gives you a loud noise and very good feel when you serve, block, loop, or even smash! You will feel the ball every time you hit the ball. The handle is really comfy.
It's also better than Donic Burn off-
The blade goes well with Acuda S3, Baracuda Bigslam, and Desto F3 Bigslam. I've tried all these rubbers.
You'll love it!