PDA

View Full Version : Anatomical handles?

glider
12-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi,

This isn't the most interesting thread ever but.....

....for years I used an anatomical handle. Recently I switched to flared but I'm just about to buy a new blade and can't decide between the two.

My questions is: does the handle have any influence over your shot making, i.e. is an anatomical handle more or less 'friendly' to certain shots or is it just all about how it feels in the hand?

Cheers.

Steven
12-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I think it's only the feeling. And that might influence your technique and feeling in the whole game a little bit, but not like it's better for particular shots. The best grip type is the one that suits your hands the best.

Mr. RicharD
12-04-2011, 07:18 PM
It is supposed to be able to produce more topspin in a stroke similar to a Tennis stroke. It rarely does in my opinion. It's more about what's comfortable in your hand. Although Anatomical handles are great for serving a reverse pendulum service as well.

YosuaYosan
12-05-2011, 08:26 AM
It is supposed to be able to produce more topspin in a stroke similar to a Tennis stroke. It rarely does in my opinion. It's more about what's comfortable in your hand. Although Anatomical handles are great for serving a reverse pendulum service as well.

Do you know that Zhang Jike the master of reverse pendulum didn't grip the handle at all when he is serving reverse pendulum?
http://tabletennista.com/up/posts/zhangjike7_1.470x0.jpg

azlan
12-05-2011, 09:33 AM
I don't think the handles make much difference, even if it does, it's too minuscule. Just choose whatever is comfortable for you.

Scorpnox
12-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I played with straight, flared and anatomic and I prefer the flared.
But it doesn't matter, it's personal taste, but attackers often use a flared one and defenders a straight one... Anatomic isn't used frequently

YosuaYosan
12-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Yep in the end its all about personal preference :)

Ash
12-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Personally, the way to choose like everybody said in the post is your own comfort level. But, when I grip the bat, I prefer no breathing space /gap between my handle and my grip, even if I grip it loosely. For that reason, i prefer the flared handles.

RIPPER
12-15-2011, 02:06 PM
It's all about feeling, I would recommend practicing shots from both wings with both racquets and see which one you prefer regarding how comfortable it is.