PDA

View Full Version : EL-P vs EL-S, Any Experiences, Please share

KillerNoSpin
08-13-2018, 05:54 AM
So far I have tried MX-P and EL-P for backhand on Stiga WRB 7.6. I prefer EL-P, More control and more spin, better with flick and block. MX-P was too fast for me, I'm around 1750 USATT player. I'm just found out about EL-S... Has anyone tried both before and pros n cons of each. I'll looking for more control than power.

Ilia Minkin
08-13-2018, 06:46 AM
EL-S is heavier and feels a lot harder, even though the numbers (sponge hardness) are not that different. Requires a better brushing contact and is less forgiving.

vvk1
08-13-2018, 03:32 PM
My experience matches Ilia's . Also EL-S is more spin-sensitive than MX-P. I've switched from EL-S to MX-P a couple of months ago. IMHO, MX-P feels easier to play with than EL-S, kinda more predictable.

Ilia Minkin
08-13-2018, 04:51 PM
MX-P feels easier to play with than EL-S, kinda more predictable.

Indeed, that is why I switched to MX-P on my backhand.

KillerNoSpin
08-13-2018, 08:10 PM
Thanks everyone for your input, What I really want to know is, has anyone experience EL-P vs EL-S.... I've play with MX-P on backhand before and found it too fast.

mart1nandersson
08-13-2018, 08:59 PM
Maybe the TTD review of EL-S will give you some clues (even though it doesn't compare it with EL-P)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg73LXt3KM8

I've been using EL-S for about 15h (which isn't that long) but I'm finding it great. Way more linear than other BH rubbers that I've tried such as T05-FX, FX-P and Genesis M. You get back what you put in.

yogi_bear
08-14-2018, 03:07 AM
EL-S would be more suitable for people who.prefer more control and spin.