Best ball-feeling spin oriented composite blades

This user has no status.
Hey everybody...

Recently I came across people talking about certain composite blades which have enormous ball feeling and dwell despite the carbon or other fiber materials inside. Some people even described them as having the feeling of the ball sink inside the blade.

These blades provide heavy spin and may be a tad bit slower than the usual carbon blades. However, they seem to be a good option for intermediate players who are still trying to perfect their techniques.

I am listing few of the blades below which fit this criteria. Feel free to add to this list!

Butterfly ZLF series (Timo Boll ZLF, Liu Shiwen ZLF, Innerforce ZLF, etc.)
Andro Ligna Series
Yinhe Venus V-3
Andro Treiber-H

Reactions: d3nium
This user has no status.
Xiom Feel AX, Xiom HX, Stiga Carbonado 145, 45/90, Sanwei Pro F3, the new tmount f and t series are also very good but with lower prices i think.

Are Stiga Carbonado series blades really that soft feeling? Cause the reviews said they were more stiff feeling and hard.

And what about Sanwei F3 Pro? Is it similar to Innerforce ALC series? Cause it has an Ayous outer ply and I have played with only Limba and Koto. Is it more softer than them?

Do all Hinoki outer ply blades have that same "ball-sinking into blade" feeling?

Hinoki outers do have a good feel, but its not "that same", its very different for different blades, though, if you have the sense for hinoki, you'll always catch that feel, never mind the difference. And there is a piece of art for very one, one just have to find it.
Rossi Emotion, Xiom Vega Tour, Xiom ZX 2 - great blades with different thickness of the hinoki outer ply, and very different feel and play.

Reactions: YoBob
Is it too big a step to go from Donic Appelgreen Allplay to Rossi Emotion ?
(I play with Tenergy 05, 2.1 both sides)

The general recommandation seems to be, to go to allwood: Primorac OFF- or OSP Virtous OFF- first, before trying composite; but could i bypass this with by going with the slower Rossi Emotion ?

This user has no status.
I went from an andro all wood straight to the emotion. The speed rating depends entirely on wether you think you could play with a slightly faster blade but i didnt feel like the speed difference between a 5 ply all wood and the emotion was that big. Personally i found the switch from an innerforce carbon blade to an outerforce carbon blade significantly bigger and also find that weight has a lot to do with it and the emotion is quite a light blade. I already played for a 5 years at that time. Id say if you feel like you can play shots comfortably with your allround blade and have a good feeling for the ball a switch wont prevent u from developing good technique but would help in playing slightly faster.

Reactions: Beep-Beep
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
My (limited) experience of Joola is to take their rating with a big grain of salt. The Aruna OFF is labeled as OFF but feels a whole lot slower than for example the Butterfly Korbel. The Rossi is labeled as OFF- which following that theory would be more like ALL+ in reality.

Reactions: YoBob and Beep-Beep
This user has no status.
My (limited) experience of Joola is to take their rating with a big grain of salt. The Aruna OFF is labeled as OFF but feels a whole lot slower than for example the Butterfly Korbel. The Rossi is labeled as OFF- which following that theory would be more like ALL+ in reality.

Aruna OFF is like an upgraded and a bit faster version of Rosssi Emotion. But, unfortunately it did not gain as much popularity as the Rossi. I have heard lot of good reviews about the Aruna OFF and it is definitely a good blade for someone looking for a soft and controlled offensive carbon blade.

This user has no status.
Is it too big a step to go from Donic Appelgreen Allplay to Rossi Emotion ?
(I play with Tenergy 05, 2.1 both sides)

The general recommandation seems to be, to go to allwood: Primorac OFF- or OSP Virtous OFF- first, before trying composite; but could i bypass this with by going with the slower Rossi Emotion ?

For your first composite blade, you should definitely look for something on the flexy and softer side. Innerforce ZLF series blade would be an ideal choice.
Or if you looking for something cheaper, then Andro Treiber-H would be suitable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Butterfly ZLF series (Timo Boll ZLF, Liu Shiwen ZLF, Innerforce ZLF, etc.)
In terms of feel, quite a few blades (as listed by all posters) have what you describe. Either with limba or hinoki outer veneers.

In terms of overall spin and shot quality I haven't encountered anything close to the blades I quoted from your OP, among off-/off composite blades with a soft feel :/ I'd add the discontinued Innerforce AL to the lot. I'm curious about the experience of other people too. I like to keep my money as much as the next guy, but isn't it ironic when BTY turns out to be the least wasteful... ;\

Funnily enough some of the other brands/blades I've tried even matched quite poorly (dead behaviour) with (very hard) Chinese rubber, compared to (hard or medium-hard) European tensors. Sigh :confused:

Reactions: YoBob
This user has no status.
In terms of feel, quite a few blades (as listed by all posters) have what you describe. Either with limba or hinoki outer veneers.

In terms of overall spin and shot quality I haven't encountered anything close to the blades I quoted from your OP, among off-/off composite blades with a soft feel :/ I'd add the discontinued Innerforce AL to the lot. I'm curious about the experience of other people too. I like to keep my money as much as the next guy, but isn't it ironic when BTY turns out to be the least wasteful... ;\

Funnily enough some of the other brands/blades I've tried even matched quite poorly (dead behaviour) with (very hard) Chinese rubber, compared to (hard or medium-hard) European tensors. Sigh :confused:

I would have to agree with you. There are quite a lot of stiff blades with softer outer ply from other brands which might give you the same feeling. However, playing with the ZLF series blades which are soft+flexible is a different experience.
I don't advocate spending $200 on blades unless you are a professional/serious player . But, there is something about these certain high-end Butterfly blades which can't be matched by other brands.

Reactions: talbon