Looping Blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
i like to loop and so i decided i would try the galaxy/yinhe w-6 (YEO CLONE)
my question is...would these rubbers match it?
dhs skyline tg3 neo FH
and
dhs Memo 3 (or dipper 3 which is better?) BH

EDIT: actually maybe 729 focus 3 snipe for BH?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
If you like softer rubbers try the Focus Snipe 3. It's god medium speed and spin, but really great control. And because it's soft it really punches nicely. For looping you really want a semi flexible blade as skyline is a harder rubber, but I suspect Galaxy isn't that hard so you should be fine. It sounds great for what you're getting. But always remember that looping doesn't come from equipment. Nearly every inverted rubber can loop well if you have solid technique. You just want a rubber that can manage the other aspects of the game for both defense and service/return of service.

Too many people ask about equipment and it's really hard to say this is better than that because people's technique and touch are all different from each other. Find a rubber that has good service, great touch, and a decent block is what I always say and the looping and attacking comes from footwork and technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
thanks for the replies :) i forgot to mention my current setup...
blade : LKT Ayous Hinoki
FH : Hurricane 3 neo
BH : Hurricane 3 neo
....the reason i want a soft non tacky rubber for backhand is because i see all the pro's are using euro rubber (euro=non tacky and softer then chinese)
but the problem is im used to H3 neo which in my oppinion is quite hard...would i be able to adjust? or should i stick to a hard rubber on BH? thanks :D

thanks for the replies :) i forgot to mention my current setup...
blade : LKT Ayous Hinoki
FH : Hurricane 3 neo
BH : Hurricane 3 neo
....the reason i want a soft non tacky rubber for backhand is because i see all the pro's are using euro rubber (euro=non tacky and softer then chinese)
but the problem is im used to H3 neo which in my oppinion is quite hard...would i be able to adjust? or should i stick to a hard rubber on BH? thanks :D
IMO you'll be more better in euro rubber cuz the brushing power that you developed in the chinese rubber can be applied to produce spin in euro rubbers, which means
u only need that spin because soft rubbers often automatically produce power upon contact w/ the ball :) sorry for my bad eglish :((

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
oh i see your from the philippines :) im currently living in PH 2 :) ...yeah but euro is quite expensive ...thats why i i was thinking maybe a chinese non-tacky rubber because it was said that it acts as a euro rubber...and i heard that since euro rubbers are soft and non-tacky (chinese is hard and tacky) it requires "mechanical spin" which i was wondering...will it take me a long time to adapt?

EDIT: also has anyone tried galaxy/yinhe M-6? they say its a stiga clipper clone/persson powerplay....would it match these rubbers also? thanks!

oh i see your from the philippines :) im currently living in PH 2 :) ...yeah but euro is quite expensive ...thats why i i was thinking maybe a chinese non-tacky rubber because it was said that it acts as a euro rubber...and i heard that since euro rubbers are soft and non-tacky (chinese is hard and tacky) it requires "mechanical spin" which i was wondering...will it take me a long time to adapt?

EDIT: also has anyone tried galaxy/yinhe M-6? they say its a stiga clipper clone/persson powerplay....would it match these rubbers also? thanks!
Oh really ur in Philippines??? what club are u playing in sir? btw can u add me on FB?http://www.facebook.com/ralcance?ref=tn_tnmn

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
actually i dont go to any club...haha and please dont call me sir im most likely even younger than you...i just moved here in 2009 because my parents missed it here....my dad is the one teaching me how to play and im currently gonna be a varsity at my school...so i dont really have proper training just tutorials online and my dad is my coach :) (he is around 2000+ in US)

EDIT : oh and ill add you tomorrow im not allowed to go on FB on sunday :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Yosua, can you elaborate why? A lot of top tier blades are 7 ply arent they?

Sure Ash :)

The more ply there is, generally the blade will be stiffer and harder. I said generally because the material plays a big factor too.
Stiffer blade have little dwell time which makes impartation of spin harder. 5 ply woods on the other hand has a softer feeling (more flex) therefore imparting spin (in this case looping) easier.
The 7-ply blade however has a forte in speed strokes (drives, smashes) and blocking.
The lack of spin on the 5< ply wood could be compensated by slappin a soft rubber in it or a tacky rubber. This requires good technique tho.

I don't know if the top tier blades is 7 ply. Will check it out.
Thanks for the info :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sure Ash :)

The more ply there is, generally the blade will be stiffer and harder. I said generally because the material plays a big factor too.
Stiffer blade have little dwell time which makes impartation of spin harder. 5 ply woods on the other hand has a softer feeling (more flex) therefore imparting spin (in this case looping) easier.
The 7-ply blade however has a forte in speed strokes (drives, smashes) and blocking.
The lack of spin on the 5< ply wood could be compensated by slappin a soft rubber in it or a tacky rubber. This requires good technique tho.

I don't know if the top tier blades is 7 ply. Will check it out.
Thanks for the info :)

As Yosua said, generally this is correct. However, there are some top tier blades that are 7 ply that are looping blades. Examples would be Avalox P-700, Stiga Clipper, Stiga Rosewood NCT VII (this is an amazing blade for looping, a lot spin, speed and control, perhaps one of the best blades for looping out there), Butterfly Innerforce ZLF. But, especially if you are learning to loop, these blades might not be the ones to start with.

If you are an intermediate level tournament player, playing with a Off- or All+ blade like the Stiga Tube Allround or the Stiga Energy Wood will be a great option for improving your loops and developing how you contact the ball and keep the ball on the blade surface for longer while looping to get more spin. Those are both great blades for looping. I know pro players who have used both blades.

This goes with what Mr RicharD said: When you are a top level player you can loop with anything. I played a guy who said he used to train with Michael Maze and he was looping with an absolutely terrible recreational racket with totally dead rubbers and he was getting a ton of spin. But his technique was top flight even though he had not played in years. For us mere mortals good equipment helps us learn the basics well.

I would start with a basic blade like one of the ones mentioned above or a 5 ply Hinoki blade, like the Butterfly Jonyer Special which is also a great blade for looping. I played a guy who was using one of these and the amount of spin he was getting on his loops was amazing and he was just using regular Yasaka Mark V without any booster or anything.

Last edited: