Backhand rubber change to Skyline

How's it going everyone? My backhand rubber is deteriorating and I am planning to switch to DHS Skyline 3 NEO Provincial. I was using Skyline prior to Hurricane on my forehand and I was very comfortable with it. I am not sure how effective a Backhand rubber, Skyline is, but I am thinking of giving it a try.........regardless of being aware of the fact that a tensor rubber is generally preferred for RPB. I really want to know your perspective on this and whether" this is a stupid decision " ?

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Skyline 3-60 is better for backhand. Good rubber

Thanks all for your valuable inputs. From reading what all of you have to say on this, I am probably going to drop the Skyline 3 idea and will probably go for a medium hard Skyline 3-60 or a medium soft Musa 3. A friend of mine suggested Sriver but I am not sure how drastic a change it will be from my current rubber, Bryce Speed.

Apologies for being so late in replying and thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. I have decided to renew H3 neo and boost it a little. For the BH, I am bent upon getting 3-60, but will have to continue using Bryce speed for a couple of months now. My sister who lives in HK, will be traveling to China, and she says she knows someone who can get her the actual provincial versions of the rubbers. National ones that you usually obtain from agents/stores, are boosted provincial topsheets with a dyed sponge. Not going to risk buying a national version for a premium price. Eagerly waiting for my sister to come home with those rubbers in approx 2 months.

Last edited:
Let us know if you enjoy the Skyline 3-60. I am thinking of trying it out myself.

Edit: Does anyone know how this rubber compares to Xu Xin's backhand rubber? Also, are there any commercial/provincial version of Xu Xin's backhand rubber for sale to the public?
Apologies for being so late in replying. Looks like you have gone for 3-60 as well. I have some time before I receive mine, can't wait to feel the difference. I would really like your thoughts on using 3-60, now that you have tried it out yourself. And how it feels when compared to your previous rubber, and how 3-60 has changed your game. Thanks in advance, mate.
Also, I thought Xu Xin uses a tenergy or a stiga rubber on his BH. I believe you have changed your blade to 301. If you don't mind, i would request you to share your experience with us, as I have been pondering about changing my blade for quite a while now.

cheers.

Last edited: