Tenergy 64 alternatives

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Hey guys i heard the tenergy 64 is really good for bh but the price puts me down. People say that the donic acuda series is really comparable to the t64 and it's about half the price particularly the s1 and s2. For my bh, i'll prefer a medium sponge rubber that performs well on blocks, opening loops, over the table play and has good speed and control. I'm currently using a donic coppa jo platin on my bh. It's bouncier than the t64 and has excellent speed but lacks control on opening loops and blocks. Please give me your thoughts on this. :D

This user has no status.
Just use a Tibhar Genius Soft (meduim sponge about 40) or a Genius Sound (softer at about 36).
Excellent for blocking, opening loops and over the table play, better controle than the too bouncy coppa jo platin rocket !

or a Andro Revo Fire (very good controle , is just good at everything, but fast enough , i have two 1,7mm ones and they perform without any problems, i would say speed : 9, control 9, spin 9 very well balanced)

or a Friendship Focus III snipe (seems to be a chinese rubber with tensor characteristics)

i dont know the acuda series at all

All Tibhar, Donic, Andro, Joola , Xiom rubbers are made in the same factory ESN in Germany so they have almost the same characteristics (there should be some rubbers that are exactly the same , just other labels)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
in my club a lot of players use Tibhar Nimbus for the same play. Mostly attacking with powerfull spin and also using block and controll. I think it is the same as tenergy 64, only i think it is more a forehand rubber.
Nimbus soft:
Speed: 105
Effect: 105
Controle: 97
Nimbus Sound:
Speed: 99
Effect: 100
Controle: 99

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I love Tenergy rubbers. I like 05 best, 64 almost as much and 25 is still good but my least favorite and I still like it for my backhand better than anything almost else. But of all the rubbers I have tried that are not Tenergy, Xiom rubbers feel the best to me. These in ways feel as good as Tenergy to me. So I would go with what Wiwa said. The Vega Pro is excellent and quite affordable in comparison to Tenergy. The Xiom Omega series are also great but a little more expensive. But in terms of the combination of price and performance, I think Wiwa is recommending the best rubber on the market. This is coming from a true equipment junkie. :cool:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
You can't look at rubbers as though they're expensive. Tenergy lasts about twice as long as a lot of other brand competitors. I know that my T05 is pretty old, but still is able to attack the service and block the only difference is I don't get as much topsheet spin so my service is not nearly as spinny. I know that a lot of Tibhar rubbers don't last nearly as long as far spin on topsheet and so on. Tenergy is nice because it provides spin mostly through the dwell in the sponge but also has a nice topsheet. There isn't a huge difference from the old T05 when compared to a new sheet like in other rubbers. Also remember that a lot of rubbers out there might have some great characteristics, but will have poor durability. I know Killerspin is notorious for their lack of durability and some Euro rubbers as well.

Focus Snipe 3 is very soft, but mostly because it is a control blocking rubber. For the backhand Technique is so much more important than the rubber choice. You simply need something with a higher throw to give it that extra edge on attacking service. Other than that control is learned through practice. If you have control issues with T64 try using a thinner sponge like 1.9 instead of 2.1 or max.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yes, but isn't Xiom just as expensive? I just meant that rubbers that are about half the price of Tenergy last only about half as long as a sheet of Tenergy does. All in all if you look at durability I think most rubbers are about the same price.

Well as Carl said there are some more expensive Xiom rubbers as well. But the Vega Pro I mentioned is around €35, and I think the Omega family is € 45. But a Tenergy was like €60. At the moment I can't find it in online shops, since Butterfly only sells via their own ditributors or something like that now. They are really killing themselves, as it seems.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Wow I just checked prices Xiom seems to be lower than I first thought. I've never tried any of the Xiom rubbers because they were so expensive before, but I may look into them now. I'm still looking for the best rubber to use on the BH. T05 was great T64 should be better, but I'm still trying to find something that just feels perfect for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Xiom vega pro is a good choice but it's kinda hard, high throw and maybe too fast? Xiom vega europe' has pretty good reviews too and half the price for t64. Any thoughts? Im using h3 neo on bh with a wrb blade so adding a t05 would probably be too heavy. It's throw angle is very high so probably is hard for me to control for bh. My friend recently tried a tin arc 3 for his bh on his rosewood. He said it was pretty good which i'll probably borrow his bat and try it :p

Last edited:
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Once again, Im back to the Carlibra LT's... Currently using Calibra LT for backhand, and Calibra LT Spin for my forehand.. Insane, and I used to be a Tenergy boy :p

Anders is right...Calibra is superb. I use LT spin (BH) and LT Plus (FH). Durability is good, and cheaper than tenergys.
LT Plus (very hard), LT (hard), LT Spin (medium), LT Sound (soft). LT stands for Long Trajectory/Low Throw too!!