PDA

View Full Version : Tenergy 64 alternatives

Bryce
12-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Hey guys i heard the tenergy 64 is really good for bh but the price puts me down. People say that the donic acuda series is really comparable to the t64 and it's about half the price particularly the s1 and s2. For my bh, i'll prefer a medium sponge rubber that performs well on blocks, opening loops, over the table play and has good speed and control. I'm currently using a donic coppa jo platin on my bh. It's bouncier than the t64 and has excellent speed but lacks control on opening loops and blocks. Please give me your thoughts on this. :D

phillypong
12-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Just use a Tibhar Genius Soft (meduim sponge about 40) or a Genius Sound (softer at about 36).
Excellent for blocking, opening loops and over the table play, better controle than the too bouncy coppa jo platin rocket !

or a Andro Revo Fire (very good controle , is just good at everything, but fast enough , i have two 1,7mm ones and they perform without any problems, i would say speed : 9, control 9, spin 9 very well balanced)

or a Friendship Focus III snipe (seems to be a chinese rubber with tensor characteristics)

i dont know the acuda series at all

All Tibhar, Donic, Andro, Joola , Xiom rubbers are made in the same factory ESN in Germany so they have almost the same characteristics (there should be some rubbers that are exactly the same , just other labels)

Bryce
12-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Isn't focus snipe 3 and tibhar genius kinda soft? I haven't tried them before

TT Guru
12-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Yasaka Pryde range is a good equivalent to the Tenergy range. Better in my opinion, but I sell the stuff so I'm biased ;)

rhonis
12-09-2011, 11:19 AM
in my club a lot of players use Tibhar Nimbus for the same play. Mostly attacking with powerfull spin and also using block and controll. I think it is the same as tenergy 64, only i think it is more a forehand rubber.
Nimbus soft:
Speed: 105
Effect: 105
Controle: 97
Nimbus Sound:
Speed: 99
Effect: 100
Controle: 99

Bryce
12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Tibhar nimbus has pretty good reviews, will look into it.

Bryce
12-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey guys, what do you think of hammond pro beta? Any thoughts on that?

YosuaYosan
12-09-2011, 01:50 PM
When you search for the dash
But turns out to be less
Look nowhere else
Tibhar Nianmor's the choice

;)

TTANKEY
12-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey, I use a acuda s1 and I don't like it. If I was u, i bought a tenergy64 or 05, sriver g2 or sriver g3

TTANKEY
12-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Using a tenergy 64, u will have a excellent and powerful backhand!! The best choice is tenergy 64

WiWa
12-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Using a tenergy 64, u will have a excellent and powerful backhand!! The best choice is tenergy 64

But it's so expensive, that is why people want replacements :P I'd give Xiom Vega Pro a try. When I'm recovered that is what I will use on both sides, boosted with Tibhar Clean Tuning Extra. :) Can't wait. ;)

UpSideDownCarl
12-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I love Tenergy rubbers. I like 05 best, 64 almost as much and 25 is still good but my least favorite and I still like it for my backhand better than anything almost else. But of all the rubbers I have tried that are not Tenergy, Xiom rubbers feel the best to me. These in ways feel as good as Tenergy to me. So I would go with what Wiwa said. The Vega Pro is excellent and quite affordable in comparison to Tenergy. The Xiom Omega series are also great but a little more expensive. But in terms of the combination of price and performance, I think Wiwa is recommending the best rubber on the market. This is coming from a true equipment junkie. :cool:

Mr. RicharD
12-09-2011, 07:30 PM
You can't look at rubbers as though they're expensive. Tenergy lasts about twice as long as a lot of other brand competitors. I know that my T05 is pretty old, but still is able to attack the service and block the only difference is I don't get as much topsheet spin so my service is not nearly as spinny. I know that a lot of Tibhar rubbers don't last nearly as long as far spin on topsheet and so on. Tenergy is nice because it provides spin mostly through the dwell in the sponge but also has a nice topsheet. There isn't a huge difference from the old T05 when compared to a new sheet like in other rubbers. Also remember that a lot of rubbers out there might have some great characteristics, but will have poor durability. I know Killerspin is notorious for their lack of durability and some Euro rubbers as well.

Focus Snipe 3 is very soft, but mostly because it is a control blocking rubber. For the backhand Technique is so much more important than the rubber choice. You simply need something with a higher throw to give it that extra edge on attacking service. Other than that control is learned through practice. If you have control issues with T64 try using a thinner sponge like 1.9 instead of 2.1 or max.

WiWa
12-09-2011, 08:06 PM
From my experience Xiom isn't worse than Tenergy in terms of durability.

Mr. RicharD
12-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Yes, but isn't Xiom just as expensive? I just meant that rubbers that are about half the price of Tenergy last only about half as long as a sheet of Tenergy does. All in all if you look at durability I think most rubbers are about the same price.

WiWa
12-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Yes, but isn't Xiom just as expensive? I just meant that rubbers that are about half the price of Tenergy last only about half as long as a sheet of Tenergy does. All in all if you look at durability I think most rubbers are about the same price.

Well as Carl said there are some more expensive Xiom rubbers as well. But the Vega Pro I mentioned is around €35, and I think the Omega family is € 45. But a Tenergy was like €60. At the moment I can't find it in online shops, since Butterfly only sells via their own ditributors or something like that now. They are really killing themselves, as it seems.

Anders
12-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Once again, Im back to the Carlibra LT's... Currently using Calibra LT for backhand, and Calibra LT Spin for my forehand.. Insane, and I used to be a Tenergy boy :P

Mr. RicharD
12-10-2011, 12:59 AM
Wow I just checked prices Xiom seems to be lower than I first thought. I've never tried any of the Xiom rubbers because they were so expensive before, but I may look into them now. I'm still looking for the best rubber to use on the BH. T05 was great T64 should be better, but I'm still trying to find something that just feels perfect for me.

Bryce
12-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Xiom vega pro is a good choice but it's kinda hard, high throw and maybe too fast? Xiom vega europe' has pretty good reviews too and half the price for t64. Any thoughts? Im using h3 neo on bh with a wrb blade so adding a t05 would probably be too heavy. It's throw angle is very high so probably is hard for me to control for bh. My friend recently tried a tin arc 3 for his bh on his rosewood. He said it was pretty good which i'll probably borrow his bat and try it :P

azlan
12-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Once again, Im back to the Carlibra LT's... Currently using Calibra LT for backhand, and Calibra LT Spin for my forehand.. Insane, and I used to be a Tenergy boy :P

Anders is right...Calibra is superb. I use LT spin (BH) and LT Plus (FH). Durability is good, and cheaper than tenergys.
LT Plus (very hard), LT (hard), LT Spin (medium), LT Sound (soft). LT stands for Long Trajectory/Low Throw too!!

Bryce
12-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Hey guys any thoughts on Palio Macro Era?

YosuaYosan
12-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Its a control rubber.
Its controllable on my coach's Gergely blade. But its not that fast tho.
Spin is decent speed is decent control is HUGE :)

Bryce
12-13-2011, 03:03 AM
O so its no that comparable to t64?

YosuaYosan
12-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Nope, not at all imo.

jmillsy2
12-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Don't yinhe make alternatives to tenergy? Moon and Sun I think?

Bryce
12-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Mars v2 is the alleged substitute for t64 and moon for t05. Not sure about them on the bh as they play a little different from the tenergies. Anyone care to give their thoughts?

phillypong
12-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Don't yinhe make alternatives to tenergy? Moon and Sun I think?

I have tried a Yinhe Sun (in 2,2 mm) red , and it is rather slow and not good for spin , just average rubber , nothing special, good rubber for learners, a lot slower than ESN Tensor stuff ( like Nimbus, Genius, Revo Fire) all of which i played with and are fast and spinny.

I dont know Tenergy's but i suppose they are fast and spinny also, so Yinhe products are NOT AT ALL a Tenergy alternative.

jmillsy2
12-16-2011, 09:37 PM
@phillyphong that's weird my coach & my friend both tried Moon Max Tense instead of Tenergy 05 and they love it and say its just as good as tenergy? Maybe the quality varies from rubber to rubber just like DHS hurricane...

Ovtcharov
12-16-2011, 11:17 PM
in my club a lot of players use Tibhar Nimbus for the same play. Mostly attacking with powerfull spin and also using block and controll. I think it is the same as tenergy 64, only i think it is more a forehand rubber.
Nimbus soft:
Speed: 105
Effect: 105
Controle: 97
Nimbus Sound:
Speed: 99
Effect: 100
Controle: 99I love(d) the Nimbus series. But the durability is really crap. After 2-3 months the rubber is really dead.

I heard Tibhar Aurus is like the upgraded version of Nimbus and big plus for Aurus is that it's durability is a lot better, so everyone who likes the Nimbus-series should check out Aurus.

little edit: since I'm not that into soft rubbers I played with the normal Nimbus version, I assume it's similar to it's softer versions. The Nimbus Sound (only used a few times on a friends blade) is really soft and (too) slow in my opinion. It's not a worthy Tenergy alternative due it's lack of speed.

rhonis
12-17-2011, 11:20 AM
I love(d) the Nimbus series. But the durability is really crap. After 2-3 months the rubber is really dead.

I heard Tibhar Aurus is like the upgraded version of Nimbus and big plus for Aurus is that it's durability is a lot better, so everyone who likes the Nimbus-series should check out Aurus.

little edit: since I'm not that into soft rubbers I played with the normal Nimbus version, I assume it's similar to it's softer versions. The Nimbus Sound (only used a few times on a friends blade) is really soft and (too) slow in my opinion. It's not a worthy Tenergy alternative due it's lack of speed.

Never heard about Aurus, good tip to check it out thanks. I don't really agree with the durabilty that you describe. In my club most play 2 seasons with 1 rubber. The speed of nimbus could be slow if your sponge is to thin.

Ovtcharov
12-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Never heard about Aurus, good tip to check it out thanks. I don't really agree with the durabilty that you describe. In my club most play 2 seasons with 1 rubber. The speed of nimbus could be slow if your sponge is to thin.Two seasons with one Nimbus-sheet? That's just insane, if you play more than once a week you really have to change after 3-4 months. If you just play one time every week maybe it could last a whole season but never 2.

UsakoKirei
12-18-2011, 03:55 PM
im playing nimbus vip. the durability is great (if you use the protectsheet like donic formula, it will last for nearly 2 seasons). speed is comparable with the tenergy. but the spin is no that good as the tenergy. its cheaper than the tenergy.

Anders
12-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Both Acuda and Calibra LT are good subs for Tenergy rubbers, just choose one :P

Btw: the durability of the STIGA Calibra LT series is insane compared to any other european rubbers :P

phillypong
12-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Both Acuda and Calibra LT are good subs for Tenergy rubbers, just choose one :P

Btw: the durability of the STIGA Calibra LT series is insane compared to any other european rubbers :P

I tried a Calibra LT Sound in red 2 mm , and i think it is really fast , but not spinny enough, also i couldn't keep the ball short when pushing, big disadvantage.
Only for fast topspin players and hitters imho.

Anders
12-18-2011, 11:09 PM
I tried a Calibra LT Sound in red 2 mm , and i think it is really fast , but not spinny enough, also i couldn't keep the ball short when pushing, big disadvantage.
Only for fast topspin players and hitters imho.

You're right, the LT Sound version is almost too bouncy for short play.. But the regular Calibra LT, fantastic! ;)

Bryce
12-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Isn't it hard and high throw for bh o.o

YosuaYosan
12-19-2011, 01:07 AM
Isn't it hard and high throw for bh o.o

People say that soft and low throw is for backhand. Not for everyone.
Medium-hard with high throw is suitable for my backhand ;)

Even tho I use pips I still do backhand loops and drives.

Bryce
12-19-2011, 07:22 AM
How durable is t64 anyway?

Anders
12-19-2011, 08:32 AM
How durable is t64 anyway?

T64 is very durable. But I don't know how much you play, so it will be kinda difficult to tell you when you'll have to change rubbers. :)

As for me, I practise 2 times a day + competition in weekends. So I had to change the T64 once a month when I used it before, same for the Calibra I currently use. Other rubbers I'll have to change more often. The Coppa for example, every 2nd - 3rd week.

Bryce
12-19-2011, 09:18 AM
I read reviews that t64 plays like magic in the first month then the feeling and spin just goes down after that. $88sgd for one piece is really expensive, i'm going to get one soon.

konev
12-20-2011, 12:14 AM
People, try Yasaka Rakza 7 and Andro Hexer HD :) The Yasaka is a bit less hard than the Hexer and has a higher trow, not as high as Tenergy though. The Hexer HD is faster than every Tenergy and produces as much, or more spin than T05. The yasaka is somewhat slower but still fast enough and enough spin. Both of the rubbers are better than Tenergy from mid/far distance.