Donic Bluefire JP02 versus Bluestorm Z2

Anyone who can compare both rubbers? Speedwise, control/feel, spin generation with plastic balls...

I'm modern defender and wonder if Z2 would be an improvement over JP02 in terms of topspin generation (for attacking) and in control for the short game and when chopping away from the table.

Thank you!

Reactions: Garrison
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
I play both of them on my current blade :D I initially got the Z2 on my FH because I thought it would I needed it a little bit faster, but I actually swapped them around and play Z2 on backhand now. (My BH is stronger, so I use JP02 on FH for more control).

On my next rubber update I will probably go back to the JP02 entirely, because it feels a bit better for me and my style. IMO the Z2 has a bit more speed and a longer curve while the JP brings more rotation. I think the JP is better for close to mid distances, kinda like what the japanese players do (Niwa, Matsudaira etc.) Can't say much about chopping.

Thank you Shakepender and Garrison for your replies.

Garrison, you are in the best position to compare both rubbers :). I loved JP2 because it was good in all fronts. For me, speed was enough for long distance loops as well.

You mentioned that JP2 brings more rotation, that convinces me to stick to JP2. When you speak about better rotation, do you especially think about topspin-rotation or backspin-rotation in the short game? Did you ever try the Tibhar El-rubbers, because i'm also interested in how they compare to Donic Bluefire/storm.

I play both of them on my current blade :D I initially got the Z2 on my FH because I thought it would I needed it a little bit faster, but I actually swapped them around and play Z2 on backhand now. (My BH is stronger, so I use JP02 on FH for more control).

On my next rubber update I will probably go back to the JP02 entirely, because it feels a bit better for me and my style. IMO the Z2 has a bit more speed and a longer curve while the JP brings more rotation. I think the JP is better for close to mid distances, kinda like what the japanese players do (Niwa, Matsudaira etc.) Can't say much about chopping.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Thank you Shakepender and Garrison for your replies.

Garrison, you are in the best position to compare both rubbers :). I loved JP2 because it was good in all fronts. For me, speed was enough for long distance loops as well.

You mentioned that JP2 brings more rotation, that convinces me to stick to JP2. When you speak about better rotation, do you especially think about topspin-rotation or backspin-rotation in the short game? Did you ever try the Tibhar El-rubbers, because i'm also interested in how they compare to Donic Bluefire/storm.

I talked mostly about topspin. The JP02 is a bit softer and better for slower spinny balls. If you want to make more dangerous, fast and low bouncing chops then Z2 is probably better. If you want to go for the rotation so the opponent struggles to bring it back over the net, take the Jp02 I think. I haven't tried out an EL rubber yet.