Non-Tenergy Rubbers for Liu Shiwen ZLF? Please suggest !!

This user has no status.
Hey guys..

So my brand new Liu Shiwen ZLF will be arriving in the next few days and I am eagerly waiting to try it out.

However, I am a bit confused about the rubber setup. Most of the threads/ posts I have read suggest Tenergy rubbers for this blade. But I am still an intermediate level player and wouldn't have enough skill to tame the Tenergies. This is coming from the assumption that I find the Evo MX-S (which I am currently using for my forehand) not controllable enough. Whereas when I tried using the Vega Europe on forehand, the control factor was drastically higher.

Some of the rubbers which I have shortlisted for this blade after reading several reviews:
Tibhar Genius (FH)
Xiom Vega Europe (BH)
Tibhar Aurus Select (BH)
Xiom Japan (FH)

However, I have not tried any of these rubbers and would welcome any suggestions and advice for the suitable rubbers for my new blade!
Cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Rozena, Rasanter R42, Bluestorm Z2 could all be good choices. Those are a bit softer than the high end rubbers and have a bit more margin for error, they are not slow nor beginner's rubber though!

To be more specific we would need to hear your preference for rubbers, for example its throw or catapult and how you play, what are your strengths and weaknesses etc.

Reactions: Rajah* and yoass
This user has no status.
Rozena, Rasanter R42, Bluestorm Z2 could all be good choices. Those are a bit softer than the high end rubbers and have a bit more margin for error, they are not slow nor beginner's rubber though!

To be more specific we would need to hear your preference for rubbers, for example its throw or catapult and how you play, what are your strengths and weaknesses etc.

I prefer rubbers with hardness between 40-45 degrees (European scale). Rubbers softer than that tend to be bad in short game. Eventually I would like to move to hard and fast rubbers, as my technique becomes better, but for now I am looking for more spinny rubbers than speeedy ones.

And as for my style of play, I am a two winged looper playing usually close to the table and sometimes mid-distance.

This user has no status.
Players who have used Liu Shiwen ZLF say that using soft or medium soft rubbers on the blade makes it feel too mushy. It might be cause already the blade is quite flexible and soft. So I'm little skeptical about using soft rubbers.
so if you don't want something soft like vega europe and not too fast like tenergy, maybe you could try something like joola rhyzm p, maxxx p, the evolution elp (like i recomended earlier), donic acuda p2 or stiga airoc m.