LF: OSP V'King FL handle

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Are you sure you want one. I have one. In some ways it is good. It is pretty fast. But it is REALLY hard. Harder than most Koto blades I have tried.

Also, if you want one, why wouldn’t you just buy it new? It is really nice to have a place like OSP build a blade to your specific specifications.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am comfortable with the fact that you don’t want my V’King even if only because I would not sell it for less than $300.00 USD.

But it really is nothing like any other blade I have felt with the same ply construction. And I am not entirely sure that is a good thing. It is hard. It is fast. About the same speed as a TB ALC. maybe a hair slower. Mine is 88 grams.

You have to have Very Good technique to use it because it has almost zero dwell time. If you know how to touch the ball you can get the blade to grab the ball hard. But you need to be extremely precise.

It does have amazing feedback. But it is not a racket I would choose. So, if I was you, I would rethink that choice. And I wonder if there are people out there who who have one and are willing to sell it for less than they got it for.

A blade that was built entirely from your own specifications, as far as I am concerned, it is worth more than when I bought it. [emoji2]

I know, not everyone knows what to do with the idea that they can determine the specs. But I definitely contacted them and made sure I could get it designed exactly how I wanted. [emoji2]

Reactions: NDH
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Haha, yeah, but the OP wanted a used one to save on money.

When a new one is €90 - I’m not sure you’ll save much!

I guess you should know that in part I was responding to the content of a PM from chintanmashroo.

So part of what I was doing was ensuring that the price I am willing to sell for is too high for any sane individual to want to purchase it.

I could have simply said I am not selling it. But I have a feeling most people who own an OSP blade would probably want to sell it for more than they got it for. Not less. They are all one of a kind, hand crafted products.

And I was also trying to answer what I heard in chintanmashroo’s PM that made it seem like he is assuming the V’King is anything remotely like other blades with the Koto-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Koto ply construction. It REALLY REALLY does not play like other blades with similar ply construction that I have tried.

Reactions: thomas.pong and NDH
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Okay, now Carl is commenting on an equipment, which he has never tried.

Anyways, Carl, thanks for your reply and I dont want you to comment anymore on my post.

I guess you should know that in part I was responding to the content of a PM from chintanmashroo.

So part of what I was doing was ensuring that the price I am willing to sell for is too high for any sane individual to want to purchase it.

I could have simply said I am not selling it. But I have a feeling most people who own an OSP blade would probably want to sell it for more than they got it for. Not less. They are all one of a kind, hand crafted products.

And I was also trying to answer what I heard in chintanmashroo’s PM that made it seem like he is assuming the V’King is anything remotely like other blades with the Koto-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Koto ply construction. It REALLY REALLY does not play like other blades with similar ply construction that I have tried.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

NDH

says Spin to win!
OK, this thread has turned weird!

@chintanmashroo....... Is there a reason you don't wan't to simply spend €90 and buy one brand new?

I saw your comment about preferring a "used" one - Which frankly, makes little sense. But if you buy a new one, and use it for a few months..... It'll be good as used (that famous old saying.....).

As for your comments to Carl - I'm not sure what you are seeing, but seeing as he has the blade, and has said it's like no other blade of similar construction (unless you are saying he hasn't tried every other blade of the exact same construction?) - I'm not sure what your point is.

I don't understand why you don't just buy a new one for relatively small change (in blade prices these days), and enjoy the experience.

If you don't like it..... Well, you can't say you weren't warned.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I see no problem on getting an used one.
I have also seen a few times people selling used OSP blades, and they always had lower prices than a new one.
People are less willing to sell an OSP blade because they are customized for player needs and also have very good quality. The bold part is important: there are many great references for their blades. You don't buy their blades just because you can customize it. Also, the customization they offer is very limited: actually, for V'King, you don't have much room for customization. Weight range is 84-88g only and you can ask for a custom handle (but for what I see from people who post put their blades for sale, the majority doesn't ask for custom handle). That's it. And of course you can select handle type, just like any other mass produced blade but with a little more options.

Go for it chintanmashroo.

Reactions: chintanmashroo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It REALLY REALLY does not play like other blades with similar ply construction that I have tried.

Okay, now Carl is commenting on an equipment, which he has never tried.

Actually, I am not commenting on equipment I have not tried. I am specifically commenting on equipment I HAVE tried. And I am simply trying to inform you that it does not feel like the DHS Hurricane King. It does not feel like the Avalox P-500. It does not play like the original Butterfly Kong Linghui. It does not play like the Nittaku Wang Nan. It does not play like the old school Stiga Offensive Classic when they made it with a Koto top ply. It does not play like the Xiom Fuga.

At least mine doesn't. And my V'King is exponentially harder than any of the blades listed above. It is also faster. It does have a giant amount of wood feeling feedback. But I would not compare it to any of the blades I listed above. So, if the information that OSP has done something different with at least the V'King they made for me is not of interest to you, well, then, you don't need it and you can ignore this post. Sorry if you feel I was wasting your time. I just would rather you know that your expectations may not be based on what you might get from an OSP V'King.

That being said, I will be happy for you if you find a good deal and get one.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Feedback on V'King

Hello,

Have you played with the blade. Can you say some words?

Thank you.

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
amazing feel when blocking and hard hitting, it does almost everything; however, the throw angle is a bit high then what I expected, I have to close my racket angle to get the balls on the table (even from mid distance)