Flooring

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Hi all,

I’m looking to put some sort of rubber flooring down around my TT table at home. I’m not after the super duper latest materials like Gerfloor etc as this is way out of my budget. Has anyone tried using the interlockable rubber gym tiles ?. If so did they have any issues with them coming apart ?.

Any recommendations and suggestions would be appreciated .

Many thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 2 reviews
I havent tried that but I would try get some half decent type of ger floor so its still effective long term. Cheap flooring can be good for the first 2 years and then it starts to loose its grip or come off the ground.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Hi Carl,
Thanks for the reply . I was looking at some tiles which are denser than normal gym tiles. I’m still worried about them coming apart so I’ll look for a alternative.

Many thanks.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
there's is a list with ITTF approved flooring, maybe check the ones that are from China and not from Gerflor. I heard it's wayyy cheaper via aliexpress etc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Thanks for the link Fabian.

After researching the companies listed I’ve come across another Chinese company that ships small quantities of flooring more in line with my project.

Going down the Chinese route was a great suggestion.

Many thanks,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Glad I could help. Could you maybe share your findings?

Just checked myself:

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/table-tennis-flooring.html

you can get official ITTF flooring, for example the same as used in China Open etc for 7-8 USD per square meter. That's a lot cheaper than Gerflor which is 50-60ish per square meter as far as I remember.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Hi,

I used the same site as you . You will find a lot of those companies on there only sell large minimum amounts. My project will only be about 20-25 sqm. There are a couple of those companies on that list that has no minimum order amount .

Definitely a better deal than Gerflor ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Just remember that you will have to change your shoes a lot more than you're used to. That special flooring is working like an eraser on the soles of your shoes. :)

Reactions: pgpg