Stiga neos

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hi everybody!

I'm searching for a while on the internet. And finally i found the stiga neos.

I dont know much about the neos. So please can someone give me a review or some information about the neos?

Thanks!

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
The STIGA Neos is kinda old... It was top stuff with speed glue, but nowadays I feel it to be pretty slow.

A guy in the club I play for had this before, but he always used speed glue. About 9-10 months ago he threw it away, and changed to a faster Tensor rubber so he did not have to speed glue any longer. :)

It depends on what kind of rubber you want. If you are at a starters low level, you might use the Neos. But if you're a skillfull player with good technique thats likes to play an offensive attacking game, then go with something faster, like the Calibra LT, Boost-series, Tenergy or something like that :)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Yeah, I think it might work if you want a bit more speed. But, I really would suggest Calibra LT Sound or LT Spin for your BH. I'm just worried that Neos would be a let down for you since speed glue is banned now. When I tried it, it was about 5-6 years ago with speed glue.

This user has no status.
All I know about it is that it's really fast, I mean demonic fast. But, it doesn't have a lot of spin built in it. Miss time the ball, and it'll go over the edge. Tried it once at my local dealer, so I ended up buying Innova and Mendo.

Well i play with NEOS Tacky for 2 years now. 1 thing i can say it is not 'demonic fast'. It's more a working rubber.

The STIGA Neos is kinda old... It was top stuff with speed glue, but nowadays I feel it to be pretty slow.

A guy in the club I play for had this before, but he always used speed glue. About 9-10 months ago he threw it away, and changed to a faster Tensor rubber so he did not have to speed glue any longer. :)

It depends on what kind of rubber you want. If you are at a starters low level, you might use the Neos. But if you're a skillfull player with good technique thats likes to play an offensive attacking game, then go with something faster, like the Calibra LT, Boost-series, Tenergy or something like that :)

I agree with what you say more. If you want to get speed in NEOS you should use speed glue :p.

I think NEOS is a good rubber but not for the backhand side. The NEOS is not making the ball go automatically. You have to put some effort in. If you are playing with some risk then its a good rubber for the forehand, because when you make a risky hard spinny stroke then i agree with Azlan it is 'demonic'. I have the experience the opponent brings the ball back almost never. For the short play, flicks semi spins balls, the rubber is not great. The ball tends to 'float' more and if you opponent is a bit descent player you will be defeated. On the otherhand blocking with neos is perfect. You have a lot of control over the speed or spin from the opponent.

So if i conclude i don't think it is a good choice to use NEOS for the backhand side. For me it's to hard to make killer spinballs with neos from the backhand side. I will tend to use my backhand only for blocking and pushing. This will weaking your game. For the forehand i think neos can be a good rubber. It depends on the way you play ofcourse but if you like to use your forehand to make killer spin instead of starting up a rally then it is perfect. Now people play like this more and more (serv and kill). I prefer to block and push untill i get the chance to make the killerspin. I hope you can figger out with these tips if NEOS fits your game.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Ok thx for the information! Btw today i bought the 729 fx and its a amazing rubber!!! More spin then the hurricane 3 but less controle but i can live with that. But thanks anyway for helping me