Which Rubbers to use on a DHS H-WL blade ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Hello everyone !

I've recently ordered the DHS H-WL blade and i am wondering what rubbers to use with it . So far i think of buying a DHS Hurricane 2 for the forehand and a DHS G555 for the backhand . I have switched throughout the years from being a classical defender to a modern defender to an all-round player . Now i am thinking of playing an all-out attacking style . This year i've been playing with my old matsu****a pro with a hurricane 3 (commercial) on the forehand and have switched between short pips (RITS 802-40) and long (DHS Cloud and fog 3) on the backhand .

My question is should i go for the Neo version of the hurricane 2 for the forehand or stick with the commercial one ? I've read that the Neo hurricane 2 on this really fast blade is extremely hard to control and hits are mostly over the table . Normally i don't care if the racket is hard to control since i practise every day and will eventually tame it , but i don't know if this is an overkill with the speed . I've also am considering Neo Hurricane 3 , but i would like to try something else like the Hurricane 2 or perhaps a Haify BW 2 ? Also i am open to suggestions for other rubbers to use on the forehand and backhand , but only reccomend chinese rubbers for the forehand ! Thank you .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
H3 Neo Commercial is extremely good, but H2 is harder so I wouldn't use it unless you plan to speed glue. As for the backhand rubber I'd recommend any Tenergy rubbers, but if you're trying to go cheap and want something Chinese go with Gambler Outlaw (great speed and spin) or 729-5 (a bit more spin, but the same speed as outlaw) or if you like softer rubbers 729 Focus Snipe 3 is a great rubber for the BH block and even smash. The looping on the BH isn't as spinny as other rubbers, but it does the trick if you're a predominant FH user.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

I have used andro rubbers on H-WL and it works splendidly.. choice of rubbers depends on your playing style too, i am a heavy looper from both wings so i prefer the european rubbers... Hexer duro on FH and hexer plus on the BH.

This thread is 4 and a half years old. Why are you answering a question from that long ago? What made you search out and find this thread.

Reactions: darnner123