PDA

View Full Version : TTD Equipment Feature

Dan
12-14-2011, 05:17 PM
---Updated thanks to TTD members New Ideas---

As table tennis is such a unique and diverse sport, many players from all over the World use different equipment which match their unique style. Now we can all see what your friends are using on TableTennisDaily. If you look below my avatar picture to the left you can see my blade and rubber details (Forehand and Backhand).

This addon is a nice feature and can also be very handy if you want to know some knowledge on a rubber or blade.

Okay!

To have your equipment next to your name..

Step 1 - Click your name as shown below

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/edetail1.jpg

Step 2 - Click about me as shown below

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/edetail2.jpg

Step 3 - Fill in the your blade and rubber details :)

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/aboutme.jpg

Simple as that!

Have fun!

dici
12-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Hm... I'm wonder if we need both equipment and blade or not. I was confused >.>

Dan
12-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Hm... I'm wonder if we need both equipment and blade or not. I was confused >.>

How you mean dici?

WiWa
12-14-2011, 06:31 PM
It is probably interesting to add (FH) or (BH), since players use red and black on different sides. If someone uses 2 different rubbers, it would be interesting to know what rubber is Fh and what rubber is BH.

Dan
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
It is probably interesting to add (FH) or (BH), since players use red and black on different sides. If someone uses 2 different rubbers, it would be interesting to know what rubber is Fh and what rubber is BH.

Very very true WiWa! Ill sort this out tomorrow :). Thanks for feedback.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Mr. RicharD
12-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Sweet feature Dan. I'll be sure to update as many as I can. I'll change the FH BH feature when it's up as well.

Dan
12-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Sweet feature Dan. I'll be sure to update as many as I can. I'll change the FH BH feature when it's up as well.

Awesome thanks Richard. Glad you like it :)

pingpongemil
12-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Dan and the other crew on this site. You all are doing such a amazing job. Keep going!

Ovtcharov
12-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Great work again Dan! And nice setup you got over there hehe! ;)

dici
12-15-2011, 12:27 PM
How you mean dici?

Now I figure out what I want to mean lol...
It just that you can fill in what blade and rubber you use in the equipment column. Then after there, there are also a specific column for each rubber and blade.

rhonis
12-15-2011, 12:36 PM
ow no dan is lying. Clearly it says 22 years old and i his Biography he says: Hey! My names Daniel, i am 21 ....

Dan
12-15-2011, 12:49 PM
ow no dan is lying. Clearly it says 22 years old and i his Biography he says: Hey! My names Daniel, i am 21 ....

Haha! Well spotted! I need to update that! :)

leedeyuan2
12-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Dan, y cant i start a new forum? there isint a start a new thread button at the top left hand corner of the page.

WiWa
12-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Dan, y cant i start a new forum? there isint a start a new thread button at the top left hand corner of the page.

I think you need to select a category first, on the main page below the recent posts part.

leedeyuan2
12-15-2011, 01:47 PM
what do you mean. i saw the part of the recent forum post but i dont see anything below it

Dan
12-15-2011, 02:12 PM
what do you mean. i saw the part of the recent forum post but i dont see anything below it

Hey.. I am away at the moment but check out this thread it explains how to post a thread :)

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?843-Post-New-Thread

YosuaYosan
12-15-2011, 02:14 PM

Haha :D Wanna start a new forum? Ask Dan for guidance ;)
Jk, to make a new thread, go to a subforum and click the +Post New Thread
For example :
1. Go here --> http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?81-General-Off-Topic-Discussion
2. Look a bit up
3. Now to the left
4. See the button
5. CLEEK !
6. Go on ;)

Hope that helps

Dan
12-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Haha :D Wanna start a new forum? Ask Dan for guidance ;)
Jk, to make a new thread, go to a subforum and click the +Post New Thread
For example :
1. Go here --> http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?81-General-Off-Topic-Discussion
2. Look a bit up
3. Now to the left
4. See the button
5. CLEEK !
6. Go on ;)

Hope that helps

Hehe think I got there before you Yosua :)

YosuaYosan
12-15-2011, 02:41 PM
GAAAH X(

Haha anyway Dan, the new site feature is LOVELY :)
Way to go Bro !

Dan
12-15-2011, 02:45 PM
GAAAH X(

Haha anyway Dan, the new site feature is LOVELY :)
Way to go Bro !

Thanks Yosua :)

Plenty more to come :)

Bollforte94
12-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Wow, almost everyone is playing so fast material. How can you handle this?

leedeyuan2
12-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks people!

Dan
12-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Feature updated. Its now been changed to Forehand and Backhand and blade. So make sure you have your correct rubbers representing which side of the blade (FH or BH) :)

Enjoy

Dan
12-18-2011, 08:27 PM

All updated :)

What do you think?

YosuaYosan
12-18-2011, 10:30 PM
All updated :)

What do you think?

Woot! Awesomeness :D
Eh, I don't see any change haha, except when I edit in the editor.

Dan
12-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Woot! Awesomeness :D
Eh, I don't see any change haha, except when I edit in the editor.

Thanks for feedback.. It has changed on mine, its probably because you need to refresh your cache. Browsers can save things such as this :)

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/change.jpg

WiWa
12-19-2011, 08:04 AM
So the red rubber stands for FH and the black for BH now? For me it doesn't show it in text either, I think Yosua added BH and FH manually.

TTHopeful
12-19-2011, 11:01 AM
So the red rubber stands for FH and the black for BH now? For me it doesn't show it in text either, I think Yosua added BH and FH manually.

Hmm i have tried on a different account and a different computer and seems to be working fine. Yeah red rubber represents FH and black rubber represents BH in users profile. Does yours still display My Red Rubber ect WiWa?

WiWa
12-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Hmm i have tried on a different account and a different computer and seems to be working fine. Yeah red rubber represents FH and black rubber represents BH in users profile. Does yours still display My Red Rubber ect WiWa?

Oh I thought u meant FH and BH in the posts. But yes, in the profile it says Forehand and Backhand ;)

Dan
12-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Oh I thought u meant FH and BH in the posts. But yes, in the profile it says Forehand and Backhand ;)

Oh hehe :)

So all sorted then? Do you think there is anything else to make it better? Any other ideas to put in the posts profile or its enough for now?

Thanks for feedback once again :) Much appreciated

Scorpnox
12-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Sweet :)
I like it very much!

WiWa
12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Oh hehe :)

So all sorted then? Do you think there is anything else to make it better? Any other ideas to put in the posts profile or its enough for now?

Thanks for feedback once again :) Much appreciated

I guess this works yea haha. Maybe a section for the level that one plays at, even though it is most likely hard to compare for people from other countries.

Dan
12-19-2011, 12:17 PM
I guess this works yea haha. Maybe a section for the level that one plays at, even though it is most likely hard to compare for people from other countries.

True,

Hmmm could have a multiple choice option... Local League Player, Regional Player, National Player, International Player?

WiWa
12-19-2011, 12:30 PM
True,

Hmmm could have a multiple choice option... Local League Player, Regional Player, National Player, International Player?

Yeah that would probably give a better indication indeed.

Dan
12-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah that would probably give a better indication indeed.

Yeah however, it may create conflict... If one goes... What your saying is incorrect your a local league player and im national.... Know what I mean?

Could do a test trial tho..

WiWa
12-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah however, it may create conflict... If one goes... What your saying is incorrect your a local league player and im national.... Know what I mean?

Could do a test trial tho..

Yeah haha that is possible. But it is probably more for extra info like when you click someones profile and it shows real name and more, instead of that it is shown aside of posts like join date/location/posts/material etc

Dan
12-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Yeah haha that is possible. But it is probably more for extra info like when you click someones profile and it shows real name and more, instead of that it is shown aside of posts like join date/location/posts/material etc

Hehe yeah nice thinking WiWa :)... Ill get onto that shortly

YosuaYosan
12-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Ah so thats why haha :D
How about making a dropdown list in the editor so you could also change which is the red/black rubber.

Thanks Dan :D

Anders
12-19-2011, 04:30 PM
I think the idea of having level of play included below the blade info in posts are great! Would be much easier to help people with equipment and such :)

Dan
12-20-2011, 02:25 PM
I think the idea of having level of play included below the blade info in posts are great! Would be much easier to help people with equipment and such :)

Yeah should be good Anders.. For now im going to test trial the feature just in the members profile and not in the actual threads :)

UpSideDownCarl
12-20-2011, 05:12 PM
With the Forehand, Backhand issue, I just wrote them in next which color of rubber I am using since my forehand and backhand rubbers are not the same and I definitely want the Hurricane to be black and I want it on my forehand. :)

UpSideDownCarl
12-20-2011, 05:13 PM
BTW, nice feature. Now I don't need to have my setup in my signature. :)

WiWa
12-20-2011, 05:25 PM

Good point, I should remove it from signature haha.

Actually I have no idea how to change it :S

Dan
12-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Good point, I should remove it from signature haha.

Actually I have no idea how to change it :S

Hehe, click edit profile in your welcome back WiWa on the forum page.. Then in the bottom left column you will see 'edit signature' :)

WiWa
12-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Hehe, click edit profile in your welcome back WiWa on the forum page.. Then in the bottom left column you will see 'edit signature' :)
Found it, thanks :)

YosuaYosan
12-22-2011, 10:18 AM

Haha :D
For someone like me who has multiple setups, use of sig is inevitable :(
Too much sig is bad for the forum I guess, since it copies everytime I post.

Dan
12-22-2011, 12:06 PM

Hehe how much setup do you have Yosua? I can set the site so only one sig per person in a thread if you want.. What do you think?

UpSideDownCarl
12-24-2011, 02:12 AM

I am entertained seeing how your signature has grown and more and more setups have been added. Your signature means that I can tell it is you even without seeing the Avatar (also distinctive). :) At the rate you are going, soon your signature will be 10 lines long and display 20 setups. :) But I would not change a thing. You stand out. :)

UpSideDownCarl
12-24-2011, 02:17 AM
Dan, I notice when you are entering your setup you are asked to enter your forehand rubber and that automatically displays next to the racket with the red rubber facing out and the backhand rubber is automatically displayed with the black rubber. I would just go back to how it was when you could enter your Red rubber and your Black rubber. The member can simply write in whether the red rubber is forehand or backhand. I do like the feature though.

Dan
12-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Dan, I notice when you are entering your setup you are asked to enter your forehand rubber and that automatically displays next to the racket with the red rubber facing out and the backhand rubber is automatically displayed with the black rubber. I would just go back to how it was when you could enter your Red rubber and your Black rubber. The member can simply write in whether the red rubber is forehand or backhand. I do like the feature though.

Hey Carl

Yeah I noticed this. I am going to try try bring in a drop down box that enables the member to chose FH and BH depending on colour. I will get it fixed, I'm glad you like the feature :).

Merry Christmas buddy!