Boosting alternatives

This user has no status.
Hi, I was looking to boost my rubbers about a week ago until a coach told me not to because some tournaments have equipment testing for it which disqualifies people.

So are there any alternatives to boosting that aren't illegal or morally wrong. For your information I use h3 national, t05 on a samsonov stratus carbon.
Thanks

This user has no status.
I have never used booster on my rubbers. Instead I stretch the rubber as much as possible to make the rubber more tense. This is a much easier method of making the rubber faster without the need of boosting. However. If you were going to realise the same rubber, you would have to consider that it will Shrink due to it being stretched. To be able to use it again just gave some extra space when you are cutting the rubber so your leaving a overhang. Hope this helps.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Use a rubber warmer. That's the safest, easiest and most of all reversible method to increase the performance of rubber.

says Aging is a killer
No problem with boosting...

Almost no tourneys have testing for boost. I umpired WTTC in Halmstad, no testing for boosts were made what I could see

I assume that ITTF does not mind the present situation. They have achieved their goals of:

• getting rid of the nasty, unhealthy speed glue and
  • slowing the game with the plastic ball.
That is, until some over-striving players start speed gluing again

Last edited:
I assume that ITTF does not mind the present situation. They have achieved their goals of:

• getting rid of the nasty, unhealthy speed glue and
  • slowing the game with the plastic ball.
That is, until some over-striving players start speed gluing again

This is totally me lol...
I got tired of boosting, and booster is relatively more expensive, so I started speed glueing recently.

Reactions: Tinykin
My personal opinion, aside from legality - many top players are using personal "factory pretuned" /boosted/ rubbers. But they use these rubbers for a week or just for a match. So they receive rubbers with always identical characteristics and play with them for the time these caharacteristics stay unchanged.
You may boost at home mainly for two reasons - to make rubbers 'better", or just to revive old rubbers. In both cases home boosting would change the rubber characteristics in a way, depending on how old and used is the rubber and how many times you had boosted it. Anyway you would have as a result a somewhat different rubber, always, it will change after every boost and between boosts as well.
But at least you may try. Its always better to have the experience, than to listen this and that.

About cheating - speed glue is not legal, but because of health. It doesn't give advantage and doesn't work well with the new rubbers like tensors and tenergy. Its the same with boosting. I won't be afraid of players, using speed glue and home boosting, but i'm afraid of players with better tchniques and more effective play. Most of the home boosters are practically very vulnerable in matches.

So basically you're saying you're perfectly happy breaking the rules of the sport. You're happy cheating?
Yes, I'm poor and I cant afford new rubber with factory boost every 3 months, so I boost by myself.

About cheating - speed glue is not legal, but because of health. It doesn't give advantage and doesn't work well with the new rubbers like tensors and tenergy. Its the same with boosting. I won't be afraid of players, using speed glue and home boosting, but i'm afraid of players with better tchniques and more effective play. Most of the home boosters are practically very vulnerable in matches.

well said, Sir!
boosting/speed glue doesnt do shit if you've got no technique.