Advice for new blade and rubbers needed, thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
My playing style: close to the table, spinny serves, bh and fh smashes, a few loops, some pushes to receive short serves, lots of bh and fh flicks, chop blocks, varied placement, third ball setup/attack and fifth ball attack, etc. I am starting to fh loop more, but poor footwork so far.

What would you recommend for blade and rubbers (fh and bh)? Everything should come under US$200.

Thanks!

This user has no status.
Um..basically my setup. Acoustic is great for touch play and overall "feeling" the ball. Vega pro is good allaround, has great spin, and will help you develop your forehand loops due to it not being the fastest and being very linear. I love V 15 Extra for chop blocks because it has a real direct and reliable feel on contact. You know exactly where the ball is going, although it doesn't have the greatest spin. The advantage here is it's insensitive to incoming spin. Best of luck!

This user has no status.
It sounds like what you need is a blade in the ALL to ALL+ range. Something that has great control for placement and spin potential for service and flicks. I would recommend something like Yasaka Sweden Extra, Stiga Offensive Classic, or Donic Appelgren Allplay, all of which are around $30. As for rubbers, I agree with Gerald. Xiom Vega Pro is very good. Great for loops and flicks. Good for everything else.