Most Underrated Brands

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Sup everyone!

There are a ton of table tennis brands out there, plenty with a ton of hype and praise. But in your opinion, what are the most underrated brands that deserve more praise for their consistent quality products and reasonable prices, even if they have limited advertising or few to no sponsored players? :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I would have to agree with Yosua. LKT, 729, and Gambler are quite possibly the most underadvertised and underrated rubbers. People prefer compact strokes to produce speed and spin. Their problem lies in technique when using "slower" rubbers. But what you get in return for the price of any rubber from these brands is more spin, speed, and longevity over the course of the rubbers life compared to the top name brand rubbers out there. Not to mention durability. I just swiped a corner with my racket on Saturday and didn't even pierce the topsheet. If I'd have done that with a non Chinese rubber, I know I would have clean ripped the rubber to the sponge.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would have to agree with Yosua. LKT, 729, and Gambler are quite possibly the most underadvertised and underrated rubbers. People prefer compact strokes to produce speed and spin. Their problem lies in technique when using "slower" rubbers. But what you get in return for the price of any rubber from these brands is more spin, speed, and longevity over the course of the rubbers life compared to the top name brand rubbers out there. Not to mention durability. I just swiped a corner with my racket on Saturday and didn't even pierce the topsheet. If I'd have done that with a non Chinese rubber, I know I would have clean ripped the rubber to the sponge.

You swipe the table edge with 999, 729 Super FX, or Inspirit, you will NOT rip the rubber, but endanger the table itself. That is a description of one bulletproof topsheet.

Now if you catch and edge with Outlaw, the topsheet is done like a dog's dinner.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A few under-rated brands or under marketed brands.

Darker - A defensive player's dream company for blades

Yasaka - Can you find a cooler logo T-Shirt with a better saying? "Yasaka - My Life is Table Tennis"
http://hanwooltt.co.kr/shop/shopdetail.html?branduid=32281&xcode=070&mcode=007&scode=&type=Y&search=&sort=order

Mizuno - They make the most popular TT shoes in all of Asia

Teccube/Peggy & Co/Ashtree/WiffWaff/Vitro - makes of excellent TT uniforms and accessories

Nexy - Korean brand of my sponsor (TAK9.com) Makes everything from socks to shirts to blades to rubbers to you name it

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
President of Korea's leading TT retailer tells me Yasaka are family run and have like 0.01% of Butterfly's marketing.

Amazing how they reached prominance way back in the day and STILL are a relevent player in the TT scene these days.

All in all, the TT uniforms marketed in Asia are 1000x times better looking than those made by the same companies that send stuff to market to the USA.

says Best setup ever for a modern defender :D
says Best setup ever for a modern defender :D
Jan 2011
wow there are brands that i did not know that existed and were mentioned here XD, I think LKT are underrated and they produce great quality products, Giant Dragon produces great blades the rubbers are not that good and of course yinhe/galaxy products are great (rubbers and blades)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
DAN : Really, I've never heard of this equipment Azlan. I thought Hao was using the usual Hurricane ect

Yup, Dici was right. I forgot to mention that Hao uses the 729 blades. He uses Hurricane rubbers like you mentioned. The blade is only in the region of US$30. It just shows the quality of some of these under rated equipment. Ma Long also uses the much cheaper DHS. If it's good enough for the world no 1, it's good enough for me.
But then again, he would thrashed me even if he is using a piece of $2 plywood blade made by a 7 year old kid. hahahaha