PDA

View Full Version : TTD featured in Sun Newspaper!!!

Mezmer
12-21-2011, 04:01 PM
What a Christmas present for TableTennisDaily!

The biggest newspaper company in the UK featured TableTennisDaily on their website today on the 21st December 2011! The sun newspaper averages around 7.7 million readers a day!

I stumbled across TableTennisDaily on the thesun.co.uk as TTD was featured on their homepage... The article is about TableTennisDaily's latest video! The best shots of 2011 (XMAS Edition)

http://www.notashamed.org.uk/images/TheSunLogo.jpg
Photo by: thesun.co.uk

The article was featured on the homepage of the sun's website however the site updates itself every second. The article can now be found in the link below: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/olympics/4013074/Most-spectacular-table-tennis-shots-of-2011.html

Awesome!

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/thesun.co.uk.jpg

TTD Team Manager
12-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Thats quality lad good exposure!

Dan
12-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Can someone print screen it please as im not on my laptop... plz plz plz ha cant miss this :)

nightwolf34
12-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Congratulations Dan and all the ones who maintains this wonderful site bless you all

WiWa
12-21-2011, 05:44 PM
That is really cool :D Too bad there is no link to vote on TTD haha. And..... seriously? SNAKEHAND??? Haha.

For Dan :) Hope this works...

Dan
12-21-2011, 05:57 PM
That is really cool :D Too bad there is no link to vote on TTD haha. And..... seriously? SNAKEHAND??? Haha.

Thanks WiWa! Awesome!

Yeah such a shame the sun didnt put a link. All the same tho amazing promotion and thanks for all the support guys :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

azlan
12-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Wow!! Being in the best sports newspaper in the UK really is something to behold!! It says a lot about the website.

YosuaYosan
12-21-2011, 06:55 PM

Seems that I missed it X(
Thanks WiWa for the screenshot. Hey yer using Chrome too Bro :D

Congrats Dan, this is one sign that the forum is growing.. BIG..

WiWa
12-21-2011, 07:23 PM

Yea I like Chrome :) So stylish hehe.

Mr. RicharD
12-21-2011, 07:47 PM
I agree snake hand? Cork spin? I've heard of corkscrew, but none of the others lol. But the picture was of a Chinese Penholder. It's just funny how little people know about our terminology. We should really do something about that.

wilfred888
12-21-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm not even sure if the terms were purposefully misspelt :D

WiWa
12-21-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm not even sure if the terms were purposefully misspelt :D

I don't think they would purposely make mistakes on whatever subject :P It is just as Mr.Richard said. People don't know anything about our sport, even the 'sports journalists' who are football stuffed and don't have a clue what else there is in the sports world :P

Steven
12-21-2011, 10:08 PM
What I like is that you can see you're getting different reactions on youtube now, from people who never played tabletennis. There's the usual "like a bosssss", ''Forrest Gump'' and "Level Asian" stuff, but they also seem to love Cazuo's behind the back shot, while we think it's pretty much based on luck and wrong expectations.

Dan
12-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Wow!! Being in the best sports newspaper in the UK really is something to behold!! It says a lot about the website.

Yeah, it's amazing! I have only just got onto the laptop to have a proper look at the article. I hadn't realised but thesun.co.uk based their article on the TableTennisDaily video.. I thought it was about Ma Lin and the Olympics originally! :)

Thanks Yosua, without you and the other amazing visitors to the site this would have never happened! :)

WiWa
12-22-2011, 07:44 AM
After all it is actually a very suitable video to make non-tt players start to love tt, because the points are very obviously spectacular, no basic understanding of tt required :D

rhonis
12-22-2011, 11:07 AM
nice work i hope this promotes the website even more. Maybe next time put on the end of the video a message like. visit tabletennisdaily.co.uk for more videos more ping and more pong....

Dan
12-22-2011, 12:32 PM
After all it is actually a very suitable video to make non-tt players start to love tt, because the points are very obviously spectacular, no basic understanding of tt required :D

Very true point WiWa, people may see what amazing points these players are doing. Watching the points may trigger some people to get back into the sport or take it up. Its similar to when I watch amazing football goals, it makes me want to play football again :)

nice work i hope this promotes the website even more. Maybe next time put on the end of the video a message like. visit tabletennisdaily.co.uk for more videos more ping and more pong....

Hey Rhonis, I do usually do that, however on this occasion I linked the video to the Shot thread as I want many votes to create the ultmiate shot of 2011 :). We can then have a good idea on what the ultimate shot of 2011 is. I was not expecting this video to go viral which has already 220.000 views. Crazy!

Dan
12-22-2011, 12:34 PM
The English Table Tennis Association made an article about TableTennisDaily and the recent sun article! :)

Thanks ETTA

http://etta.co.uk/news/table-tennis-daily-hit-the-sun/

WiWa
12-22-2011, 12:45 PM
The English Table Tennis Association made an article about TableTennisDaily and the recent sun article! :)

Thanks ETTA

http://etta.co.uk/news/table-tennis-daily-hit-the-sun/

That's great man! Good article as well!

Dan
12-22-2011, 12:47 PM
That's great man! Good article as well!

Yeah, its really nice of the ETTA to do that WiWa :)

Matt Hetherington
12-22-2011, 01:20 PM
World Class... :P

YosuaYosan
12-22-2011, 01:37 PM

lol Bro Matt :D
You love sarcasm don't ya ;)

Of course its not world class, it is National class, since its an England newspaper I guess :p

josh4209211
12-22-2011, 03:28 PM
lol, i am honored to translate some stuff for the site, i will be back to weibo from january 12th as i'll finish my exam and congratulations dan. it's wonderful.

Dan
12-22-2011, 03:46 PM

Haha World class :)

Dan
12-22-2011, 04:07 PM
lol, i am honored to translate some stuff for the site, i will be back to weibo from january 12th as i'll finish my exam and congratulations dan. it's wonderful.

Josh its an honour having you here on TTD to translate! Thanks so much for your hard work and ill look forward to seeing you in 2012. Good luck with your exams and have a fantastic Christmas and new years! :)

WiWa
12-22-2011, 05:08 PM
lol Bro Matt :D
You love sarcasm don't ya ;)

Of course its not world class, it is National class, since its an England newspaper I guess :p

The Sun is read and feared internationally ;)

azlan
12-22-2011, 05:34 PM
The best sports newspaper. Though I was a little confused about the snakehand.

Yi Fan 08
12-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Congratulations Dan!! This forum is absolutely amazing, can't live without it :P

chughtai
12-22-2011, 09:37 PM
dan u r awesome u turned this tiny forum into gigantic powerhouse in the tt community cudos to u man

Dan
12-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Congratulations Dan!! This forum is absolutely amazing, can't live without it :P

Thanks Yi Fan! Means so much to me! Have a fantastic Christmas! :)

dan u r awesome u turned this tiny forum into gigantic powerhouse in the tt community cudos to u man

Thanks Chughtai, you are awesome! :) ... without the help of you guys I could not of done it. Have a great Christmas!

Anders
12-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Nicely done! The Sun even invents a couple of new TT-expressions as they start to walk the line of TT :)

YosuaYosan
12-23-2011, 01:40 AM
The Sun is read and feared internationally ;)

Whoa I didn't know that :eek:

azlan
12-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Yes Yosua, The Sun newspaper is well known in Europe, but not so much in Asia unless for those have lived there. They have great feature on football and tennis especially. They also cover a lot of other sports such as cricket and athletics, and having excellent team of reporters and interviewers.

Dan
12-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Wow the USA Today featured the 'best shots of 2011' video on their website in an article here: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/12/video-greatest-table-tennis-shots-of-the-year/1

Over 5 million people a day read the USA Today!

Rhydian
12-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Wow! This is really amazing!!
Really really good job!!
Congratulations Dan! This is awsome :D

Keep it up ;D I'll always be a member of this forum :)

WiWa
12-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Wow that is great, with a link to the thread even xD. We might get a lot of last minute votes haha. Cazuo's shot might catch up ^^ Too bad they don't see the beauty of Kishi's wonderful block :P

Dan
12-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Wow! This is really amazing!!
Really really good job!!
Congratulations Dan! This is awsome :D

Keep it up ;D I'll always be a member of this forum :)

Thanks Rhydian you are the best! Thanks for all your support!

Wow that is great, with a link to the thread even xD. We might get a lot of last minute votes haha. Cazuo's shot might catch up ^^ Too bad they don't see the beauty of Kishi's wonderful block :P

Yeah WiWa your right!, they put a link directing their users to the TableTennisDaily site... This is great in terms of back linking and boosting TableTennisDaily in google ranks! :)

I hope to see the gap close on Ding Ning's shot to! :P It could be neck on neck in the final few hours hehe

UpSideDownCarl
12-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Table Tennis Daily is going viral. :) Awesome.

UpSideDownCarl
12-23-2011, 02:48 PM
This was the number of views when I looked at it just now:

Pretty good.

YosuaYosan
12-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Okay with all the graph has shown in the YouTube stats.
This is WORLD CLASS ! HECK YASSS !

nick
12-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Have you thought about the follow-ups? Perhaps a series of quarterly compilations, each based on a different theme and linked to a news story or major event, although not the Olympics - too much competition.

Dan
12-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Have you thought about the follow-ups? Perhaps a series of quarterly compilations, each based on a different theme and linked to a news story or major event, although not the Olympics - too much competition.

Hey Nick

Yeah I have :).. Just trying to find the time really, ill have more coming out shortly. An Olympic one yes would be a lot of competition, ill do some smaller ones to see how they go :)

Stay tuned