PEOPLE, who do you think will be the number one player next year?

who do you think will be no.1 next year?

• Total voters
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think Ma Long will be #1 for a while. I am not sure how long and there might be points where he goes down in the ratings and then pops back up. I also think that Zhang Jike is the only person right now who can challenge that, but probably the person who will catch Ma Long in the long run will be Yan An.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I'm curious if Ma Long can keep his high level performance for such a long period. If there is something serious to play for, like the Olympic qualification, he will maybe not perform good. But I think Zhang Jike has a good chance of overtaking him. Ma has been around for like 3 or 4 years now, while Zhang is barely 2 years on world top level and has already caught up to Ma Long. Kinda weird because Zhang is older haha. But I think he can be the no. 1, especially in the 2nd half of the year where Ma Long will have to defend a huge amount of ranking points.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It's so tough to call. I think Ma Long and Zhang Jike will swap around throughout each ranking periods... However I would love to see Ma Long stay top all year round :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yea i agree with Dan. There are many upcoming players like Yan An etc so there will be stiff competition.

Good shout Bryce, the younger players are going to progress rapidly in 2012 and will start giving Zhang Jike and Ma Long a harder run for their money :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Good shout Bryce, the younger players are going to progress rapidly in 2012 I think and will start giving Zhang Jike and Ma Long a harder run for their money :)

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I just can't wote, not sure at all! The top is so close for all the 5 best players now... Suddenly something might happen!

Either Ma Long is going to hold his ground, or some now lower ranked player might cause an upset, just wiping everyone off the table :D

says yup.. from weibo haha :D
says yup.. from weibo haha :D
Oct 2011
I'm a die hard Zhang Jike fan but I voted for Ma Long (oh sorry, Zhang) but I still believe that one day Zhang can beat Ma Long hehe :D