Boosted rubber have more ball feel?

This user has no status.
Hi everyone, is it true that boosted Hurricane 3 rubber will transfer more vibrations to the hand than non-boosted Hurricane 3 rubber? I read something about it on the Re-impact website but I couldn’t find this anywhere else.

Along the same idea, will softer rubbers like tenergy have more ball feel than harder rubbers like unboosted hurricane? Or does the interaction with the blade matter more? (For example, Hurricane on limba sometimes feels dead without much ball feel or crisp vibration)

This user has no status.
I tried two different viscarias, one with tenergy 05 and one with Hurricane 3 (unboosted). The one with Hurricane was much more dead, while the one with tenergy gave a nice crisp sensation that increased with the amount of power I gave to the loops. Now that I think about it, I’m not quite sure if the viscaria with the tenergy was older than the other, but the feeling was completely different between the two paddles. However, I will say that both of them had very good touch on the short game, which is odd considering the difference for looping. The Timo Boll ALC, on the other hand, feels muted even with tenergy. (I tried both shake hand and penhold Timo Boll ALC)

Last edited:
Reactions: TTHopeful