This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
I would like people's opinion on Bryce, Bryce FX, Bryce Speed, Bryce Speed FX, and Bryce Highspeed.

I have used Bryce Highspeed and I love it on shakehand. It's fast, fantastic blocking, close to the table pressure is off the charts. Unfortunately, I can't flick well as the dwell time is too short (fast rubber/sponge) for my RPB flicks but if I was playing shakehand I was use Bryce Highspeed hands down.

Trying to determine which of the Bryce series will suit my stroke (RPB) best before making a final purchase.

I plan on using one of these sheets in 1.9 mm on a relatively fast blade and dominating the table up close with consistent attacks like Harimoto's/Wang Hao's Bh strokes.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to discuss the rubbers!

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I thought they don't make bryce speed anymore. That was a fantastic rubber. Highspeed? I dunno.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Not sure. Heavily discounted in Germany at the moment, which is unusual for Butterfly. ;) Smells like sellout ...

Bryce and Bryce FX pretty much useless without speed glue. That was a different era, and a different kind of rubber.

I tried and tried to like the entire Bryce family. That was long after the speedblue area, I think about a year ago. I failed miserably and felt quite frustrated, hideous amounts of unforced errors and I just couldn't get a feel of why the ball went where. Maybe OK in active blocks, but then again, that's far from sufficient for an entire, hearty, nourishing meal.

This user has no status.
With speed glue I really liked the original Bryce. Played with it a lot.
I played with Bryce Highspeed on FH earlier this year. I like it. And I play well with it. It suits my game.

I would dare to say that Bryce Highspeed is my favourite FH-rubber of those I tried. Tenergy 64 is also nice. But I don't think it suits my game quite as much.

As a BH-rubber I don't like that much. I prefer a softer rubber there.