Best rubber choices for me

This user has no status.
Hi everyone!

Alright, so I'm in a bit of a dilemma here.

I'm a beginner at table tennis (playing for about a year now), and I'm a bit confused on which rubbers I should get sometime soon. A year ago, right before I began to become passionate for TT, I bought and assembled my own racket (Stiga Allround Classic, DHS Skyline TG3 1.8mm, and Neottec Katana 1.8mm). During August this year, my coach from China got me a used Provincial Hurricane 3 2.15mm to replace my Skyline with, which is what I currently use.

Both rubber sheets are fairly worn down, and I'm planning to change my rubbers at the beginning of next year. I'm not entirely sure which rubbers to choose from, though. I'm not a very strong person (only 14 years old and 5'3"). I'm a modern penholder who likes to play a lot of forehand loops along with backhand loops and counters.

So here's the big question: What rubbers do you recommend for me?

I'm currently looking at DHS Skyline TG3 NEO 2.15mm and DHS Goldarc 5 2mm

Thanks to everyone in advance.

This user has no status.
Why not ask your coach to let you buy another provincial sheet?

I feel like I'll need something that has a slightly softer sponge hardness than the H3 provincial, and I don't want to spend too much money, either. The coach I had isn't supervising my table tennis at the moment (I only had lessons with him during the summer).

This user has no status.
I feel like I'll need something that has a slightly softer sponge hardness than the H3 provincial, and I don't want to spend too much money, either. The coach I had isn't supervising my table tennis at the moment (I only had lessons with him during the summer).
What hardness is your Hurricane 3 currently? You can get provincial in 37 or 39 hardness

Reactions: Andyzhao123
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
What hardness is your Hurricane 3 currently? You can get provincial in 37 or 39 hardness

cache.php

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Last edited: