backhand rubber only for block/receive/fishing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hello!
I am looking for a new backhand rubber and i am basically doing three things on backhand:
-return of service
-fast blocks/konters with little movements and suprising change of directions close to the table
-fishing/lobbing if far behind the table

So i need a rubber which has a good controle for all kinds of servicesreturns, with not too much bouncy katapult, but still the possibilty to make a fast block without doing a big stroke. I doesnt need to be working well with topspins..

Thanks for your ideas!

says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
Any of the traditional rubbers (think Sriver, mark V, etc) with a thin sponge should work well for this. They tend to very insensitive to incoming spin (compared to modern rubbers), can still produce decent pace and spin if you need it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I like that they are not very spin sensitiv but im just afraid i have not enough speed for the plastic ball with this traditional rubbers...

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hello!
I am looking for a new backhand rubber and i am basically doing three things on backhand:
-return of service
-fast blocks/konters with little movements and suprising change of directions close to the table
-fishing/lobbing if far behind the table

So i need a rubber which has a good controle for all kinds of servicesreturns, with not too much bouncy katapult, but still the possibilty to make a fast block without doing a big stroke. I doesnt need to be working well with topspins..

Thanks for your ideas!

I'd say this obviously calls for Tenergy 80. Positively so. At 1.9mm, or maybe even 1.7mm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Thank you, i maybe try Tenergy 80 (or 64?) but of course its very expencive. What do you think about Vega Asia?

And what do you think about a softer sponge, like Vega Europe, would you say this is helping me for controle or is it making the service return very complicate because of the bouncy katapult?

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
What you want is spongeless long pimples or antispin.

There's absolutely no point using regular inverted if you don't topspin with it. The other rubbers will give most of your opponents fits