Change to Tibhar range

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hello people and merry christmas :D

As I know, you're all very wise and know a lot about equipment ;)
A friend of mine, which plays for the Luxembourg National Women U-16 Team wants a sponsor. For that, she need to write a letter (really? :O xD) and choose the equipment she might then use in the future.
She choose Tibhar because only one person has them as a sponsor in the national team and all the others like Butterfly and Donic don't take any more.
She already chose the rubbers she might use but for the blade, she's still searching. She's using Butterfly Primorac Off-.
Her rubbers are Donic X1 Platin I think, I'm not sure. If she's not sure about her choice for the rubbers, I'll also post a thread for that :)

My question to you guys is: which or the tibhar blades you know is something like her blade, or even better?
She has a controlled play and loops from both sides, controlled and killer-ones :p

Could you help me please? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Genius would be awesome, maybe she would also like to try the Optimum+ version.
Aurus' Tibhar range is also amazing.

If she wants a MONSTER speed rubber, choose Tibhar Nianmor (hard feel) or Tibhar 1Q (softer feel).
I don't have any idea about Tibhar Primus.

For very controlled speed with MASSIVE spin with chinese topsheet and softey jap sponge, Tibhar Legend is the choice.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello people and merry christmas :D

As I know, you're all very wise and know a lot about equipment ;)
A friend of mine, which plays for the Luxembourg National Women U-16 Team wants a sponsor. For that, she need to write a letter (really? :O xD) and choose the equipment she might then use in the future.
She choose Tibhar because only one person has them as a sponsor in the national team and all the others like Butterfly and Donic don't take any more.
She already chose the rubbers she might use but for the blade, she's still searching. She's using Butterfly Primorac Off-.
Her rubbers are Donic X1 Platin I think, I'm not sure. If she's not sure about her choice for the rubbers, I'll also post a thread for that :)

My question to you guys is: which or the tibhar blades you know is something like her blade, or even better?
She has a controlled play and loops from both sides, controlled and killer-ones :p

Could you help me please? :)

Your friend should try several blades if possible before choosing one. In looking at stats, it looks like the

Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

might be the closest to the Primorac Off-.

The

Tibhar Sensitec Sigma
and the
Tibhar Sensitec Xeon

also sound like they might have similar characteristics as they are blades you can play offensive shots with that have a lot of feeling, sensitivity and control.

The

Tibhar Samsonov Alpha
and the
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha SGS

both seem like they might be similar in characteristics to the Primorac Off-. Alpha is faster SGS is a little slower and the Alpha was compared to the Peter Korbel blade which is very similar to the Primorac Off- but a little faster.

But this blade:

Tibhar Inferno

also might be worth looking at. It uses a similar technology as the Andro Temper Tech blades and the Donic Burn blades. The Andro Temper Tech blades are very good. You get a lot of control and feeling and very good speed and the technology of how they heat and glue the wood seems to make it more responsive and lighter.

As I said at the beginning though, it would be worth having your friend see if she can try a few different blades to see what works best for her before deciding.

Good luck to you and your friend. I hope she gets the sponsorship. Although I would tell her to check out Stiga and go for one of those new technology blades they have come out with.

The

Stiga Rosewood NCT V

sounds like it would be perfect for her and the

Stiga Maplewood NCT V

and for a very simple, basic blade the

Stiga Tube Allround

and the

Stiga Energy WRB

are very simple, good, and comparable to the Primorac Off- blade. Those two are about the same speed as the Primorac Off-. They have a little more feeling and a little more dwell time so, a little more control. And the wood plies are similar: Primorac is: Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba; Both the Energy WRB and the Tube Allround are: Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba. The outer ply of limba on the Stiga blades is thinner than the plies of Limba on the Primorac and the Ayous plies are thicker. This gives the Stiga blades a little more speed when you swing harder, but a lot of touch for short game because of how thin the limba is which makes it very responsive.

Also, with Stiga the Calabra series of rubbers are really top flight. But Tibhar's rubbers are good. Stiga just has a much larger selection of blades. About twice as many.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Really cool Rhydian :)

I have only tried a few Tibhar blades, but one that I have tried both with Calibra's and with Pilot rubbers, is the TIBHAR CHILA OFF blade.. Really good offensive blade with nice feeling control. Would totally recommend it as a slow off blade or a nice off- blade :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Thanks a lot people!
I also told her to look at Stiga because their blades are awsome *.*
so, if you know good ones that could suit, write them down please :)
Even she already chose the rubbers, she asked me yesterday if I could also take a look ^^
so,
Wait a second. She HAS already choose the rubbers >:L
Must be lack of sleep.

Sorry for the out of topic post :(
Thanks ;) you already knew it ha ;)

I'll talk to her in the morning :) I'll post then what she said ^^

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
No, she hasn't got a contract yet..
She thought about Stiga, but they don't take more people at the moment, so she goes to Tibhar.
I don't know if she can try them before choosing one..
She went off this morning to Oslo for a practice week, until then, I'll make a list for her ^^
and if you guys know good rubbers then just post them ;)
She uses Donic Coppa X1. Are there ones with the same characteristics?

Cheers :)

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
To Oslo, eh? Nice, just 2 hours by car away from my city! :)

Its practise with the Norwegian national womens team this week.. I know some of the players there ;)

As for the rubbers, she wants an offensive one, right? Its MY subject, moahaha ;) gonna try find some rubbers that will suit her perfectly fine if you just tell me her playing style and preference. Trust me Rhydian, my friend :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Exactly ;) They got invited ^^
Good to know, thanks :D

Well, long balls in the forehand, she loops, with much spin if the coming ball is strong and fast if not. Backhand, she loops when she is in good position, if not, she plays a strong push and loops the second if good placed :) she has a good block and tries to smash the other down! ;)

The rubber shouldn't be too fast and so that you can generate much spin! And don't forget, it has to be from Tibhar ;)

Thanks a lot mate ;D

P.S.: if you want, go there and film the practice ^^

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Exactly ;) They got invited ^^
Good to know, thanks :D

Well, long balls in the forehand, she loops, with much spin if the coming ball is strong and fast if not. Backhand, she loops when she is in good position, if not, she plays a strong push and loops the second if good placed :) she has a good block and tries to smash the other down! ;)

The rubber shouldn't be too fast and so that you can generate much spin! And don't forget, it has to be from Tibhar ;)

Thanks a lot mate ;D

P.S.: if you want, go there and film the practice ^^

I am going to play competition myself, so can't go to Oslo :/ but I've already found some rubbers...

First thing that strikes me when you describe her backhand: TIBHAR NIANMOR -> very good speed, tons of spin in looping, and good control when needed. (Old times I would have said to go for the Tibhar Rapid, since it was a beast with speed glue :D ) But the Nianmor is just a fine offensive rubber :)

About the forehand, it's kinda more difficult... But if you choose the right blade, not a speed demon, but more like a regular off blade or off- (TIBHAR CHILA OFF, would be a nice alternative here) or something like that: TIBHAR 1Q -> very much spin, good speed glue effect, very nice offensive rubber.

I also think that the TIBHAR AURUS would be great for her, but then you need a faster blade... Does this look interesting to you? ;)

Btw: If she wants to use same rubbers for both forehand and backhand, I would recommend the TIBHAR 1Q with an off- blade :)

It all depends on her blade when choosing rubbers these days... Can't glue them up! ;)

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I am going to play competition myself, so can't go to Oslo :/ but I've already found some rubbers...

First thing that strikes me when you describe her backhand: TIBHAR NIANMOR -> very good speed, tons of spin in looping, and good control when needed. (Old times I would have said to go for the Tibhar Rapid, since it was a beast with speed glue :D ) But the Nianmor is just a fine offensive rubber :)

About the forehand, it's kinda more difficult... But if you choose the right blade, not a speed demon, but more like a regular off blade or off- (TIBHAR CHILA OFF, would be a nice alternative here) or something like that: TIBHAR 1Q -> very much spin, good speed glue effect, very nice offensive rubber.

I also think that the TIBHAR AURUS would be great for her, but then you need a faster blade... Does this look interesting to you? ;)

Btw: If she wants to use same rubbers for both forehand and backhand, I would recommend the TIBHAR 1Q with an off- blade :)

It all depends on her blade when choosing rubbers these days... Can't glue them up! ;)

Still working hard with this subject, so if I discover that I have told you something wrong or if I find some better stuff, I'll tell you as soon as I can... But this is the most reasonable I can come up with tonight :)

also Sensitec blade seems nice btw...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Tibhar Genius is an excellent attacking rubber. It has a medium/hard sponge. Not as hard as some of the Stiga rubbers.