Coca Cola ad with Zhang Jike

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
---Me and New Zealand players (Coca Cola ad for CCTV 5 with Zhang Jike)---

As players from NZ, we are training in the Beijing sports university. We were kindly offered an opportunity to be part of a multi million dollar ad, the advertisement company wanted foreigners to be part of the film. Luckily my teammate Oliver Scarlett was nominated and selected to be the hitting partner with Zhang Jike, the job lasted 7 hours and it revolved around Zhang Jike and his road to the London Olympics and to promote Coca Cola as their sponsor. The first few hours consisted of Zhang hitting winners and doing victory poses. The last few hours consisted of Zhang doing forehand to forehand with Scarlett while the other foreigners and I were in the background training. Unfortunately we could not get hold of video as it is against copyright laws but we managed to get a few photos. The ad will probably be on TV in a few weeks and there a interview with Zhang on CCTV 5 maybe in a couple days. Hope you enjoy!

coke6.jpg

coke1.jpg

coke2.jpg

coke3.jpg

coke4.jpg

coke5.jpg

coke7.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Very cool indeed. That's a $150,000 USD Camera if I'm not mistaken probably more with the follow focus and mount on it. Film is quite expensive, but I'm curious do you mean their Ad campaign is in the Million Dollars or do you mean that the shoot cost millions of NZ Dollars? It seems like a natural ad campaign to be that much, but a single shoot like this is not that costly.

says yup.. from weibo haha :D
Oct 2011
OMG thank you so much for this! Can I share the photos in the Chinese forum? :D You're so lucky! I'm really excited for this ad! He wasn't the only one right? He was with other Chinese National athletes too :D so the tf is yeah.. million dollars

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
OMG thank you so much for this! Can I share the photos in the Chinese forum? :D You're so lucky! I'm really excited for this ad! He wasn't the only one right? He was with other Chinese National athletes too :D so the tf is yeah.. million dollars

sure you can, and yeah ZJK was the only person there. I think the ad was based just on him.

Oct 2011
sure you can, and yeah ZJK was the only person there. I think the ad was based just on him.

Oh, thanks! When was this? Just yesterday? He posted a photo of him with other athletes filming for coke.. But I guess, he got a solo ad.
When is the ad coming out? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
Awesomeeeeeee!! :) New Zealand boys!!!!!! :D nice one Zhiyang and Ollie! hope u guys having heaps of fun and training hard there =) Looking forward to playing u guys when I go back to NZ! And thanks for sharing the pics !

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Awesomeeeeeee!! :) New Zealand boys!!!!!! :D nice one Zhiyang and Ollie! hope u guys having heaps of fun and training hard there =) Looking forward to playing u guys when I go back to NZ! And thanks for sharing the pics !

Hehe, you wanna play them with all your German training ;0

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
hehehe:p time to focus on the olympics and training, especially when he didn't do well in the Hungarian Open at all. Even Ma Long didn't perform as well as he should.

Looking back over the years, I never seen Ma Lin, WLQ, LGL, Kong involved in these sort of photo/video shoots.