Lighter set up with same or higher speed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I currently have Ma lin Extra Offensive with Rakza X max and Mark V max.
Im looking for a comparable set up that is lighter because right now my back and rear delts get fatigued too easily.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Light rubber = soft sponge. You're used to harder sponge. So it won't play the same at all. The difference will probably be a lot bigger than 'just lighter and possibly faster'.
Also Rakza X is very fast. You want faster?

Some light rubbers I adore are AK47 series (the softer, the lighter, usually) which come at like $10 a pop. Not as fast or grippy as Rakza X, you need to really learn how to use the sponge rather than just the topsheet to get the full effect, but it's a grand full effect.
An AK47 rubber cut to the blade can weigh like 38 grams, which is insane. But there's some variation in weight since the sponge hardness have a certain random range. For example, AK47 Yellow can be from 42 to 44 hardness.
I experimented until I find a setup I really like, which is Liu Shiwen ZLF with AK47s, weighing a total of 160 grams despite the LSW having an oversized head. I think that is easily 30 grams (or more) lower than most 'regular' setups.

Some good ones are the new omega euros which have a grippier topsheet but cost more like $60 a pop or something
And there's everything in between.
Maybe older omegas, like omega 4s? Or Rakza soft? Though I dunno how much those weigh.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Im looking for a comparable set up that is lighter because right now my back and rear delts get fatigued too easily.

RX is low throw, 50 deg rubber. So, the lightest low throw 50 deg rubber you can go for is the Donic Acuda Blue P1. If you don't mind going down to 45 deg, I recommend Donic Acuda Blue P2 (which is also low throw and works well with the plastic ball). I'd say that a max sheet cut to standard 157x150 thickness weighs around 43.5gms (as opposed to 51g for the RX).

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

How much does your whole setup weigh?
Have you also weighed your blade without the rubbers?
Are you using max thickness?

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Mxp and vega asia df. If you can find a light yeo blade that would be better

MXP is probably the heaviest euro rubber that exists. Excepting maybe the MXS, though I'm not sure.

Vega Asia DF is light, 2 mm is about 40 gr. cut. Omega 7 Pro is light too - about 45 gr. cut.
A 82 gr. Rossi Emotion blade fells like a 70 gr. one in the hand because of its longer handle and weight distribution.
Rossi Emotion 82 gr. + Vega Asia DF 2mm would weigh about 164 gr. with thin but strong glue like Xiom iBond and feel like 150 gr.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
[emoji23] I tried stratus power wood with max MXS ans MXP and it felt lighter. I suspect the assembler used too much glue.

This user has no status.
MXP is probably the heaviest euro rubber that exists. Excepting maybe the MXS, though I'm not sure.
It certainly is heavy. I bought a piece to try a couple of months ago. I took it off after one session as it was far too heavy for me compared to my TSP Ventus Soft! It's definitely the heaviest rubber I've ever tried.