Rubbers for T11

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hello,

My friend is planning to buy cheap and light blade. T11 seems to fit. He is also planning to par it with 2x palio ak47 blue.
I have no experience with parring balsa-carbon blade with soft rubbers. Does it make sense?

He is playing all-round game, likes to often backspin the ball with intent to force the error from the opponent. He likes to use alot of wrist in his shots. He also likes to loop but more in controlled way than full force hits (but sometimes full force shots happens obviously). Flat hits are very rare.

Right now he plays with 729 A2 blade (7 plies, limba outer layer) and 2x 999T rubbers. He found it to be too heavy. He is not sure if he likes chinese tacky rubbers or not.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
He is searching intentionally for big speed increase. It's cheap blade and he wants to test it. I understand that most of the time players choose too fast setup for their level but he wants light and fast setup on purpose. However I will send him the link to this thread. Maybe he will change his mind. Who knows.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
It doesn't seem a good combo in my opinion. T11 is stiff and hard, AK47 Blue is soft and bouncy. It's a fast combo with little dwell and control, not very allround...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Is there any other very light blade that would be good for all-round player being also reasonably fast? (and cheap on aliexpress ~20$).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Is there any other very light blade that would be good for all-round player being also reasonably fast? (and cheap on aliexpress ~20$).
Looking into AliExpress I found a sanwei CC very interesting, they seem to be well crafted and have a plenty of satisfied costumers. King Kong is a little bit off the budget but I think it's a a better option

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Not sure about T11, but I have Yinhe T8S (hinoki top plies). It has good control. I suggest AK47 red on both sides. This is a light set up. Ak47 blue is too soft, IMO, and will make touch shots hard to control. Red will actually be better for short game, plus you will have power when you need it.

If your friend has a specific weight range in mind for a setup (like 180g for blade + rubbers), then it's easier to make recommendations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Not sure about T11, but I have Yinhe T8S (hinoki top plies). It has good control. I suggest AK47 red on both sides. This is a light set up. Ak47 blue is too soft, IMO, and will make touch shots hard to control. Red will actually be better for short game, plus you will have power when you need it.

If your friend has a specific weight range in mind for a setup (like 180g for blade + rubbers), then it's easier to make recommendations.

His setup is about 180g and he finds it very heavy. He is not physically weak person but once he played couple of matches with very light premade blade and he liked how light it feels.
I'm complete opposite. I play c-pen and 195 feels ok even if c-pen setups are more head heavy. apples and oranges.

This user has no status.
His setup is about 180g and he finds it very heavy. He is not physically weak person but once he played couple of matches with very light premade blade and he liked how light it feels.
I'm complete opposite. I play c-pen and 195 feels ok even if c-pen setups are more head heavy. apples and oranges.

The setup I recommended is around 170g (Yinhe T8S + AK47 red). AK47 is really light. Your friend can pair this rubber with any blade and will not have a heavy racket. If he puts AK47 on a balsa blade, it will be a super light setup.