Good Rubbers to Pair with My Joola Aruna Off Blade

This user has no status.
Hey everyone,

I just recently bought the new joola aruna off blade and I absolutely love it. As of right now I am using yasaka mark V hps rubbers on forehand and backhand but they are beginning to wear away and it might be time to replace the rubbers. What type of rubbers would you guys recommend? I'm looking for something that has good control and great spin, power isn't as important but I am open to any suggestions and reasons for them. Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Well the answer to your question all depend on what level of play you are currently at and what blade you currently use with your Mark V hps?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Perhaps it might even be best to stick with Mark V hps both sides of your new Aruna off blade as that way you are only changing one variable as it is not recommended to change your whole setup all at once.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hey everyone,

I just recently bought the new joola aruna off blade and I absolutely love it. As of right now I am using yasaka mark V hps rubbers on forehand and backhand but they are beginning to wear away and it might be time to replace the rubbers. What type of rubbers would you guys recommend? I'm looking for something that has good control and great spin, power isn't as important but I am open to any suggestions and reasons for them. Thank you!

Hi, it would help us to know your USATT rating before making clear recommendations to you. Also are you playing with the regular Mark V HPS or the HPS Soft?

says yes, I did thanks. I've just sent an email with the...
says yes, I did thanks. I've just sent an email with the...
Aug 2017
I played mxs on another hinoki outer ply recently and it was a great combination. Could you leave a bit of a review for the Aruna OFF as I am quite interested in that blade?

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
45-47,5 tensor 2.0 or max
I recommend xiom omega VII pro fh ( perfect both sides) i dont recommend limber from victas (about 40 degree sponge)
Perfect blade in my opinion, high throw, easy to play very good rotation, very good control, maybe fl handle is more conic than real Fl.
I will use xiom omega v tour on both sides

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
If you enjoyed Yasaka MARK V, get Yasaka Rakza 7, or Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft.
It's a direct upgrade that feels almost the same except faster and spinnier.

Many similar rubbers have very different... hmm.. feel?
Rakza 7 has the same feel as Mark V. But again, faster and spinnier.

This user has no status.
If you enjoyed Yasaka MARK V, get Yasaka Rakza 7, or Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft.
It's a direct upgrade that feels almost the same except faster and spinnier.

Many similar rubbers have very different... hmm.. feel?
Rakza 7 has the same feel as Mark V. But again, faster and spinnier.

Is the rakza harder than the Mark V or is it about the same? And how much different is the control? I've used mark V before and absolutely loved the control but still felt like I wasn't getting enough speed on my shots.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I have a 1550 rating if that helps? And I am using Mark V HPS not the soft version.

Thank you. I share Lightzy's recommendations of Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 Soft depending on what hardness you're looking for. They are more modern rubbers that would fit your playing level well if you get them in 1.9mm.

Your Mark V HPS is very hard at 50 degree, R7 is 47.5 deg and R7 Soft is 40 deg. It's a big step down in hardness from HPS to R7 Soft which might feel weird at first or altogether, R7 Soft would offer slightly less power but more control and spin. Rakza 7 would probably be a more natural switch because of his sponge hardness, you'd lose a little control and power but you would largely gain in spin.

Another option for you could be Andro Rasanter R42, right in between those in terms of sponge hardness, you'd gain much in control and spin while not loosing much in power. Could be a very good option for you in 2.0mm.

Reactions: Jirrex
says Download free software for Windows 10 VeraCrypt for...
says Download free software for Windows 10 VeraCrypt for...
Nov 2018
I'm looking for something that has good control and great spin, power isn't as important

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
TEnergy 05 was awful.
Too stiff
The throw was too high and
I had problems even with passive block I overshoot everything
I find Quadri has very thick contact so the throw of rubber should be lower than 05