729 battle II is red as tacky as black one?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hi,

As in the title. Is the red version as tacky as black? I have heard many times that red tacky rubbers are not as tacky as black ones. Is it true for all brands? Have someone compared battle II red and black sheets?

I love the black one. I'm wondering should I just buy red for backhand or test 729 presto spin. Right now I play with bloom spin (tacky rubber but not very much tack...) which feels pretty much dead compared to battle II (no feedback to the hand).

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi,

As in the title. Is the red version as tacky as black? I have heard many times that red tacky rubbers are not as tacky as black ones. Is it true for all brands? Have someone compared battle II red and black sheets?

I love the black one. I'm wondering should I just buy red for backhand or test 729 presto spin. Right now I play with bloom spin (tacky rubber but not very much tack...) which feels pretty much dead compared to battle II (no feedback to the hand).

Just as tacky

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
well... that was quick. thanks.

have you tried battle II on backhand?

Just for fun. It's useless on backhand for me. You can lift backspin with no effort and topspin is obviously very spinny but there's no power. It's a forehand rubber.
For backhand power and speed is more important for me since it's easy to put spin on the ball with the backhand but harder to get power.

That said, get one and use it on both sides and see for yourself.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I have it already on the forehand and other tacky rubber on backhand. For sure it lacks speed but in topspins it feels like ball flies exactly the way you moved your racket. I'm wondering if getting used to making the hardest shots possible (in given situation) could actually be more beneficial in long term. I used ak47 previously and I liked the speed. But I never needed to go full power on backhand as that rubber was giving plenty of speed on its own.
But maybe you are right. Maybe it's fighting windmills. I guess I will go with presto spin but before that I will play some with battle II on backand and bloom spin on forehand although it feels weird due to cut rubber on battle II (cpen).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
B2 on bh is one of Kind.
No tuning.
Cons-after opponent serve you Must swing harder and your wrist should work faster but of course I got stronger backhand.
Maybe hard to overpower but arc+rotation is the biggest rival to your opponent
Bullets- No problems
Looping- too easy
Side spin with only wrist- wavy
Blocking - little bad but you cant have everything
Chop blocking- Ball sticking to your blade- i Love it.