Which Homemade Blade for Hurricane 3 Rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
About my play:

I've been playing table tennis for about 15 years, but took a long break in the middle (about 10 years off) and have been playing again for almost a year. I'm approximately USATT 1600, and the things holding my rating back are mostly my serves and general game sense/strategy. I didn't work on any of these things before the long break and am now addressing them. Players much higher than myself often comment on the quality, consistency, and speed of my backhand and ask me why my rating is so low (and I have to explain/demonstrate my relatively weak serves). My FH loops are very brush-like, and I previously struggled to put pace on the ball due to putting less body into it (since improved). I currently play with a homemade Limba-ALC-Spruce-Kiri-Spruce-ALC-Limba with Fastarc G-1 on both sides and love it.

Plea for Advice/Background:

I have always been interested in trying tacky Chinese rubbers but never had the resources or courage to try Chinese/tacky rubbers, something that is traditionally described as being so different from European/Japanese (i.e., tensor/grippy) rubbers. Even though I love my current setup (above), I am really curious and want to see what H3 is all about.

Now that I have more resources (both money and a wealth of homemade blades), I was hoping you all could help me decide which of the following blades you would consider the best fit for Hurricane 3 rubbers (not NEO, just regular H3). Just to be clear, H3 rubbers are already in the mail (so no need to try and convince me to try something else at this stage) and I'm not buying another blade (I have 14 extras that I've made just laying around and would prefer to use one of those). Thanks for any input or advice!

Option 1)
Koto-ALC-Limba-Balsa-Limba-ALC-Koto

Option 2)
European Larch-Spruce-Spruce-Kiri-Spruce-Spruce-European Larch

Option 3)
Koto-Spruce-Kiri-Spruce-Koto

Option 4)
Limba-Larch-Kiri-Larch-Limba

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Limba ALC Koto Balsa Koto ALC Limba

Feel free to replace Limba with Spruce

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have the blade options made that I listed above - I don't want to make another one just for these rubbers.

Should I go harder outer veneer with ALC underneath, or, all-wood... for unboosted H3 rubbers?