PDA

View Full Version : Blade help please

TableTennisNerd
12-10-2018, 08:22 AM
Hi
I'm an attacking forehand oriented player that loops on both wings. I play close to the table. Anyways, I tried one of my team mate's carbonado 145 and loved it. I was just wondering, do any butterfly blades, such as the innerforce layer alc, have similar properties?
Cheers
TTN

yoass
12-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Hi
I'm an attacking forehand oriented player that loops on both wings. I play close to the table. Anyways, I tried one of my team mate's carbonado 145 and loved it. I was just wondering, do any butterfly blades, such as the innerforce layer alc, have similar properties?

Different blades for different strokes for different folk, I'd say, but there are distant relatives sharing some of the properties. That would be the (all-wood) Korbel SK7 (not a composite blade and definitely thicker/stiffer), and the Apollonia/Innerforce ZLC (and maybe even the Innerforce ALC and ZLF).

yogi_bear
12-10-2018, 10:00 AM
The carbonado series has a different feel compared to the ones in butterfly. They have different composite materials.

TableTennisNerd
12-10-2018, 10:04 AM
The carbonado series has a different feel compared to the ones in butterfly. They have different composite materials. how big is the sweet spot on the innerforce layer series though?

yogi_bear
12-10-2018, 10:05 AM
It ends about 1.5-2 inches from the edge of the blade last time i bounced the ball on a bare blade.

TableTennisNerd
12-10-2018, 10:18 AM
It ends about 1.5-2 inches from the edge of the blade last time i bounced the ball on a bare blade.
And how is that compared to carbonado?

yogi_bear
12-10-2018, 10:21 AM
Innerforce has a more woody feel because the composite is near the center ply. Carbonado has somewhat a woody feel too since textreme is so thin.

TableTennisNerd
12-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Innerforce has a more woody feel because the composite is near the center ply. Carbonado has somewhat a woody feel too since textreme is so thin.
Which do you prefer?

yogi_bear
12-10-2018, 10:31 AM
Innerforce alc more but i like carbonado 145 too