Fred's New Year Vid 2012

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

Nov 2010
2012 is nearly 2 hours old, so here are a few clips from last nights play.

Sorry about the missing sound on a couple sections, not too sure what Moviemaker was up to.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I really like the way he switched from FH to BH...it looked so natural, and without much effort. He doesn't have to think bout his next shots (in terms of placements), they all comes automatically. He looked relax and enjoying his TT. I enjoyed all his videos..thanx for sharing buddy.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Oh Sir JKC how I wish he could learn Asian loop style ;)
He got POWER :D

Until he gains strength, he will work more on close in reaction play rather than power looping. In general it is better to look at the womens game rather than the mans when looking for styles to copy as very young kids don't have the strength to play like men.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Until he gains strength, he will work more on close in reaction play rather than power looping. In general it is better to look at the womens game rather than the mans when looking for styles to copy as very young kids don't have the strength to play like men.

Oh thats terribly right. Power is not the most important in this stage then.
I got it :D Thank you Sir.

Wishing the best for you and Fred, Sir. Happy new year :)

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Is is just me that think you 2 play very similar :p

He is very good at copying what he sees. There are some aspects of my game which are OK for him to copy, and others which he would be far better for him to avoid. As long as his shots and movements link together well, his recovery to a neutral position is quick and he doesn't stray away from the table too often then I don't tend to worry too much about his individual shots and what they look like any more.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Sir JKC has been here for quite some time Sir Der Echte.
But of course he have been staying longer in OOAKForum much longer ;)

Its great to see people meet here and there in table tennis forum (y).

I look in on most of the furums most days, but my days of answering most posts and getting up to all sorts of jolly japes are behind me. With 3 kids running around I just don't have the time any more.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
I find his playingstyle very much like Timo Boll! :O

I think most young kids have to have a certain style to be competitive. Fred has a style that he needs to have which I suspect may be similar to a young Timo though I haven't really compared the two. It is probably similar to most kids who have been successful at that age. As Timo has grown then he has obviously developed much more power and spin as well as his ability to recover quickly from his bigger shots. There are many huge obstacles for Fred to overcome before he will get anywhere near to the level of a top player as an adult though.

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I find his playingstyle very much like Timo Boll! :O

You just cannot compare him at such a young age and his technique is only just forming, I hope he develops better tachnique than Boll, as when you actually analyse Boll's technique it certainly isn't as great as other top players.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
He's looking better and better each time. Keep at it. You just might be laughing at these videos when he's the next Timo. Pretty soon he'll be beating you no problem.

I would say, it is quite possible that he will be sneaking the odd game off me here and there before he is 9 in April if my current elbow injury doesn't sort itself out soon. Any sort of quick wrist movement causes me pain inside my elbow so I am severely restricted on service and on attacking shots on both sides. If it does improve and I can find my old strokes again then I hope to stick with him for another 18 months or 2 years.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Nice progress!!! Maybe one suggestion for helping his development is making sure he does not jump too much when he plays a shot.

We are encouraging him to relax more in general when playing, so this should all help.