Butterfly announces new Sping Sponge X

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Butterfly has announced "Spring Sponge X". New and improved sponge from their spring sponge technology.
Details and new rubbers will be announced on 7th of January.

img_spring-sponge-x.jpg

I've asked Butterfly sales person if sponsored players are already using new sponge but undertandably he said he cannot confirm anything yet.
New rubbers will be on sale from 2019 Spring.

https://www.butterfly.co.jp/news/product/20181218.html

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Jan 2018
Good! Innovations are always wellcome!

But this:
" A long-standing research and development through butterfly has been fruited that has continued with the mission sense of "a thing never before" and "a better rubber than a player""
is pathetic

They're telling the truth here. The Spring Sponge was a 1st for table tennis, which proved to be too good for the own good of many users.

They're telling the truth here. The Spring Sponge was a 1st for table tennis, which proved to be too good for the own good of many users.

Yes, thats ok, but I'm just joking arroun about two things:

1. The Spring Sponge is unique and we all agree with this. But why the hell the new sponge, declared to be "a thing never before" should cary the same name?
2. Of course you are right that most players would never be at the Spring level. But with the satement that it is "a better rubber than a player" BTY should restrict all top players who have the habit to look at the rubber after a bad stroke. And beside that- its a psychological act of deifying.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
But with the satement that it is "a better rubber than a player" BTY should restrict all top players who have the habit to look at the rubber after a bad stroke. And beside that- its a psychological act of deifying.

I know you're only messing, but that's probably a bad google translation job. The BTY english Facebook page has it as "Continuous research and development has borne fruit continuing our credo to create “things never seen before” and find “better rubber for players”. Table tennis will be more dynamic and more attractive. “Spring Sponge X” spring 2019."

Silly! After Spring Sponge comes Summer Sponge, of course.

Me, I’m awaiting Autumn Sponge, the better match for the time-worn and weary.

Brace yourselves....winter sponge is coming...

I wonder what the list price will be? 100€/sheet? Wouldn’t surprise me.

...quickly followed by bankruptcy.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Maybe with their new rubbers T05 will be reduced to £39.99 and the new ones will be £75.

How it should be. After being around for 10+ years, the production cost of Tenergy should have gone down and its retail price should have gone down accordingly, instead the price has gone up. With this new innovation especially, they really should bring the price of Tenergy down, something that also has been long overdue.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Yeah, you sayed it. Some Russians make friends with Joon, so it is no secret any more. Mizutani Joon has now swop to Dignics 05[]/i no.14-028, the rubber incorporating SSX sponge.

Dignics 64 SSX sponge underlaied
Dignics 80 SSX sponge underlaied

Be happy.

Reactions: thomas.pong