PDA

View Full Version : Tenergy 05 questions

Joe141
12-29-2018, 07:51 PM
Hi all,
After using a brand new sheet of tenergy 05 for about an hour today, the topsheet became very slippy with almost no grip. Is this normal and what do you do to prevent this from happening.
Thanks

yoass
12-29-2018, 08:04 PM
Could it be humidity?

Lula
12-29-2018, 08:25 PM
How did it look like?

Joe141
12-29-2018, 09:02 PM
It looked quite normal just with a sort of slippy varnish type look. Could be humidity but it was incredibly hot and when I took a break and came back to playing the rubbers felt ok again for another hour

Tinykin
12-29-2018, 10:54 PM
As said above; Wet and/or greasy rubber, more than likely caused by humidity.
If you have no grip, try wiping the bat with a dry towell or a dry part of your clothing.

Der_Echte
12-29-2018, 11:47 PM
T05 is among the worst rubber for getting slick in humid conditions, you just gotta know that and wipe it like almost after every point.

Lula
12-30-2018, 12:06 AM
T05 is among the worst rubber for getting slick in humid conditions, you just gotta know that and wipe it like almost after every point.

Try using short pimples when the humidity is high. That is nearly impossible.

RidTheKid
12-30-2018, 12:26 AM
I'd like to counter with "tacky chinese rubber". The tack is almost lost when it's very humid, so if you plan on lifting heavy backspin in those conditions, make sure you have access to a good crane.

Try using short pimples when the humidity is high. That is nearly impossible.

Loopadoop
12-30-2018, 12:30 AM
New rubber has more packaging preservatives in it. I usually let mine sit out a day or two in open air to dry out a little, then it plays normal.

Joe141
12-30-2018, 12:30 PM
Hi, thanks for the advice. I let my rubbers air for 3 days before gluing and also wipe it on my shorts after every couple of points. I will probably just quickly put on my rubber protectors after every or every training break to keep them trippy. Any other advice?

Joe141
12-30-2018, 12:35 PM
Are there any butterfly rubbers that don't compromise too much on the positives of t05, but do act better in more humid conditions

yoass
12-30-2018, 12:59 PM
Are there any butterfly rubbers that don't compromise too much on the positives of t05, but do act better in more humid conditions

Mmmm. Rozena might fit that bill.

laistrogian
12-30-2018, 01:07 PM
T05 is abominable in humid conditions, literally just unplayable.

vvk1
12-30-2018, 01:36 PM
I'd try to warm up the rubber before playing, e.g. under a hand dryer. It's bound to reduce condensation in humidity.

Lula
12-30-2018, 04:11 PM
I'd try to warm up the rubber before playing, e.g. under a hand dryer. It's bound to reduce condensation in humidity.

I have a fun story about hand dryer and short pimple rubbers. Or atleast i think so. My old coach is a coach for a national team now so he is at alot of big competitions. He told me that when he was on the toilet, he saw Tang Peng dry his short pimple side of the racket against a hand dryer because of the humitidy. This was during his match, so he must have told them that he had an injury but i have no idea how he was able to bring the racket away from the table. I like that it is not only me that have trouble playing with short pimples when the humidity is high.

Tony's Table Tennis
12-30-2018, 06:19 PM
I have a fun story about hand dryer and short pimple rubbers. Or atleast i think so. My old coach is a coach for a national team now so he is at alot of big competitions. He told me that when he was on the toilet, he saw Tang Peng dry his short pimple side of the racket against a hand dryer because of the humitidy. This was during his match, so he must have told them that he had an injury but i have no idea how he was able to bring the racket away from the table. I like that it is not only me that have trouble playing with short pimples when the humidity is high.

I was going to stay, bring a hairdryer with next time
then I saw your post :cool: