Blade help

This user has no status.
I'm a player with fairly good technique but my Infinity VPS is too fast for my extremely spin based game. I play with barracuda both sides and would like a blade that is slower, lighter, and has more control and potential for growth and spin. I have around 60 USD but can go higher if nessarcary. Please recommend blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I've had a few hits with an Infinity, but it was a while ago and my memory fails as I age. I'm not sure exactly what the speed is now, but some blades that might fit the bill include Sweden Extra and Appelgren Allplay. I personally think Sweden Extra is one of the best slow-ish wood blades out there, and certainly the best bang-for-your-buck, and there's a lot of love for the Allplay as well. Violin is great for spin-play, as well as Acoustic, but these are rather expensive to get new. Virtuoso Off- might work as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Many players that i coach use the Sweden Extra, they seem to like it. I find it pretty bouncy. I agree with the above that you could try to use some old blade. Do you have any older blades? what are your options?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Xiom Fuga is another option for slow-ish spinny blade. Not many people talk about it, but it really is a nice blade. Waldner Senso and Senso Carbon are great for spin play, and not super fast, but the Senso Carbon may be faster than you're looking for. LSW is the best blade I've ever tried for spin, but it's faster than you're looking for and a little tricky in push play.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I'm not sure exactly what the speed is now, but some blades that might fit the bill include Sweden Extra and Appelgren Allplay. I personally think Sweden Extra is one of the best slow-ish wood blades out there, and certainly the best bang-for-your-buck, and there's a lot of love for the Allplay as well.

I definitely second recommendation of YSE, superb manufacturing quality and feeling of the ball. You can practice very precise game and it helped me a lot to gain confidence again in the match play. It's slightly slower then Butterfly Primorac or Tibhar Stratus Powerwood (both OFF- or slightly faster with 5-ply composition identical to Appelgren Allplay) but it has amazing price to value ratio, especially if you are looking in ALL+/OFF- speed category.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I buy everything from TT11. They sell the Fuga for a good price, and they have really nice discounts if you spend more... so we always get together to make bigger orders.

I don't know much about the Powerplay, but some people swear by it.

Another thing you might consider is getting a spinier rubber (if you're using the JP03). I love JP03, especially for BH. It's a great do-it-all rubber. It's okay for spin, and great at hitting and blocking. Control is amazing, although it can be a bit bouncy. But if you're a spin player, you might want to think of trying different rubbers. Vega Pro for FH and Vega Euro for BH work great on Sweden Extra. I used that set up for quite a while.

This user has no status.
You can just put slower rubber on the Infinity. Get a non-tensor rubber. I recommend non-tacky Chinese rubber for $9.

Go with KTL Pro XP (or maybe even Palio CJ8000).

I’m currently playing a “spin” based game with an Infinity blade and fast rubber, but I train with a coach and am pretty good at looping. I also own a Xiom Fuga and I like that blade too.

If you want a slower blade then the Stiga Azaela Allround is the best Allround blade (from what I hear). Great feeling/feedback/touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
One; I have one old blade but it is a really old Persson powerplay. Two what about the waldner dicon. Three where would I find the xiom fuga?

Maybe you can try the Persson Powerplay? and see what is it like.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Maybe you can try the Persson Powerplay? and see what is it like.
Callum...

I have been doing what Lula suggested for the last three months... a real old 90s made Persson Power Play... using modern dynamic rubbers.

Has enough power (maybe OFF-) and plenty of spin and control.

I even have a 90s rubber on bh... Nittaku Moristo and plenty of power on bh.

Give it a shot like Lula suggests.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Opinions on waldner dicon

Waldner played with it before when everyone glued and he won world championship with it so it can not be bad. I also had a friend that used it with modern rubbers and he played well with it.

but I think it can be pretty similar to the Persson powerplay But i Do not know much about equipment so i am not sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I'm a player with fairly good technique but my Infinity VPS is too fast for my extremely spin based game. I play with barracuda both sides and would like a blade that is slower, lighter, and has more control and potential for growth and spin. I have around 60 USD but can go higher if nessarcary. Please recommend blades
I used to try to mimic european players style but i was facing the same problems just like u. instead going enropean rubbers on fh, i switched back to hurricane 3 and keep using rozena on bh. vps is considerably slower than my viscaria, I think trying the cheapest version of h3 39 degree may work for the spin rallies.