Liu Guozheng joins Coaching Team

says yup.. from weibo haha :D
says yup.. from weibo haha :D
Oct 2011
Anybody remember Liu Guozheng?

Img214242667.jpg

January 3, 2012 - Liu Guoliang sent his congratulatory messages to Liu Guozheng on being an official coach of the Chinese Table Tennis Team.
热烈祝贺刘国正今天正式上任国乒男二队主教练!!!相信他会在教练岗位上比运动员时期做的更好,“嫁人就嫁 刘国正”不知道还有多少球迷记得那七个赛点啊…加油国正!

"I warmly congratulate Liu Guozheng who finally took office officially today as the head coach of the *Chinese Men's Second Team. I believe he will do better in his new position as a coach. I do not know how many of the fans remember the 7-matchpoint-game! .... Cheers to the country!"
*a rough translation of what LGL said. I'm still waiting for the correct translation. :)

EDIT: Liu Guoliang was referring to Liu Guozheng and Kim Taek Soo match in the 46th WTTC in Osaka, Japan in 2001.

Liu Guozheng vs Kim Taek Soo (2001 Osaka)

2330681201960671969.jpg

Liu Guozheng made ​​his debut in the international (senior) circuit at the Yugoslavia Open in 1996, when he came to the quarterfinals. Three years later he had at the China Open title his first bite on the ITTF Pro Tour . The Chinese appeared in both singles and doubles at the world level to the feet, resulting in several international titles in both disciplines.
Guozheng played in 1997, his first of the seven World Cups in which he participated until 2005. He played five times while a final, which he won two. After the Chinese national team in the final battle in Kuala Lumpur in 2000 still had to bow to Sweden , he grabbed his countrymen in 2001 and 2004 is the world title in this discipline. In both 2003 and 2005 was also Guozheng with his compatriot Bai Yang in the final of the mixed doubles. In it they had to leave the world but the first pair Wang Nan / Ma Lin and two years later on Guo Yue / Wang Liqin .
Guozheng represented China in the singles tournament of the 2000 Summer Olympics . There he was eliminated in the quarterfinals.
Source: Wikipedia

In 2008, Liu Guozheng officially retired, got married and applied as in intern coach.
Read article here.

Read more articles about Liu Guozheng on a MyTableTennis.net thread here.

Videos

Liu Guozheng vs Ma Lin (2003 German Open)
Liu Guozheng vs Joo Se Hyuk (2004 Toyota Cup)
Liu Guozheng vs Ma Lin (WTTC 2005)

Liu Guozheng vs Timo Boll (WTTC 2005)

Short Form

Full Match

Credits to all the uploaders of the videos.

Last edited: