Where to buy: Adjustable legs for a table tennis table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi ttd,

Im looking for a small table tennis table that has adjustable legs, are these for sale anywhere? My daughter is 3 so I want her to be able to see over the table (obviously), I could do with a 3/4 table or slightly smaller but with legs that can be adjusted to different heights so you can adjust as she grows.

Is there anything out there for this?
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe you can make an elevated floor or something like that, that is safe enough and then she can play on a regular table. I know we have something like that for really small children in our club.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Well until you get a table situation figured out, at only 3 years old. You could spend a long time seeing if she can balance a ball on a paddle. Then bounce a ball. etc. No table needed.

It's your choice to parent but I'm always a little weary (because I went through it myself with my brother & tennis) when parents want to start pushing a sport on a kid from such an early age. Real easy to burn them out if it feels like a job rather than play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Well until you get a table situation figured out, at only 3 years old. You could spend a long time seeing if she can balance a ball on a paddle. Then bounce a ball. etc. No table needed.

It's your choice to parent but I'm always a little weary (because I went through it myself with my brother & tennis) when parents want to start pushing a sport on a kid from such an early age. Real easy to burn them out if it feels like a job rather than play.

I think i agree somewhat with this. The kid will proably have a good starting point if she play alot with different balls so she get a feeling for the ball. And also do alot of running, jumping and stuff like that. Then she will have an advantage in any sport. I coach alot of kids and the kids with good motor skills and knowledge about where they have their body learn the strokes alot faster. It is proably more difficult to be a coach today and develop good players since kids no not move as much as before. If the kid have a good feeling for the ball she will also have an advantage in tabletennis, and other sports with balls.

Reactions: Ioiettino